PO Now: JUNIUS - Eternal Rituals for the Accretion of Light

• 2 weeks later...

There's another new track, "Clean the Beast" on Spotify/other streaming services. It doesn't seem like it's on YouTube or anywhere fully accessible yet. There are some harsh vocals, which I believe is a first for them. They're also almost certainly guest vocals, perhaps Drew from CTTS? Certainly sounds like it could be him. Not sure how I feel about it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Another new track went up on Spotify Friday. Assuming it'll be on YouTube/Bandcamp soon. Continuing the heavier direction with the harsh vocals from "Clean the Beast". You can certainly hear Drew's involvement on this one; it almost sounds like a merging of Junius and Circle Takes the Square. Totally forgot the album is out this week. Excited to hear it in full.

Got my dark red today, it hits the platter tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to it, as Reports is one of the best albums I've ever heard in recent years. I've listened to only a few moments "The Queen's Constellation" and nothing more, so as to keep the initial listen a fresh as possible.

The die cut gatefold is a nice feature , I suppose. It does look awesome, but I am on the fence on whether it is superfluous or not.

The red wax looks almost like dark red wine. Between that and the gatefold, they sure went all in on the visual aesthetic-let's see if the music holds up.

No mp3 voucher? Boo!!!

Just finishing up my first listen-through of this album, and holy shit!  The back half is fucking INCREDIBLE.  The first half is a very different turn for them, much more aggro and metal, which was neat.  The songs were a little more one-dimensional and more metal-focused, but once they hit that interlude before "Queen's Constellation" things get much more interesting and progressive, for lack of a better description. 

I found myself loving Queen's Constellation after being slightly non-plussed about it at first.  "Black Sarcophagus" is fucking awesome though, and so is "Masquerade In Veils".   "Telepaths & Pyramids" fucking rules too. 

However, that being said.... there is a serious "wat" moment when "Queen's Constellation" hits because that interlude track just ends abruptly and Queen's Constellation just simply starts lol.  Super weird. 

Edited by Gumbo72203

• 3 years later...
4 minutes ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

Hmm I don’t know if I need more copies of those records but damn that’s very tempting...

oh yeah and I’m hyped about the news of a new lineup and a new record and possible tour plans

That's my feeling as well, especially in the absence of any US distribution.  I'm really curious to hear the remasters though.