PO Now: JUNIUS - Eternal Rituals for the Accretion of Light

But that's not what's happening.  It's not about market share (because that doesn't make sense), flipping doesn't cause loss to the retailer.  They just see sales.

The fans are the ones that are negatively impacted from flipping at an increased price.

If a label or artist were to increase the prices in response to flipping it would, again, be the fans that are negatively impacted.

The odd time that a label does pull something shady like this ("I just found this box of records that sold out last year and is going for $100+ on eBay right now, so I'm selling them for $50 a pop even though the initial price was $20"). People have, rightly, gotten up in arms about it.

I have no problem with an extra few bucks going to a label, but like I said if a label or artist came out and said they were increasing their prices due to flippers I would be pissed off and would make a point of avoiding purchasing from them.

4 hours ago, daegor said:

I have no problem with an extra few bucks going to a label, but like I said if a label or artist came out and said they were increasing their prices due to flippers I would be pissed off and would make a point of avoiding purchasing from them.

I struggle to see what other possible motive there would be, other than to recoup some of that extra sale money that flippers get.  I mean....  if someone is willing to pay $100 for a record, why wouldn't the label try to get into that a little bit?

2 minutes ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

Ok,  please proceed with your shit-flinging

There is no shit-flinging to be had here.  You may need to recalibrate what your definition of that is, as far as internet arguments are concerned.

The closest thing to that, we have here, is a group of onlookers spectating one delusional chimp trying to fling its shit and defend its territory. 

15 hours ago, Derek™ said:

There is no shit-flinging to be had here.  You may need to recalibrate what your definition of that is, as far as internet arguments are concerned.

The closest thing to that, we have here, is a group of onlookers spectating one delusional chimp trying to fling its shit and defend its territory. 

I mean, honestly man it's hard to tell if these posts are playful jest or not.  I know that's kind of the Reddit shit-posting character play thing and whatnot, but that's just not my bag so it's not all that surprising someone else may interpret that way.   I'm quite tired of the ad hominem angle as it's all over Facebook these days (it's fun having right-leaning family members, let me tell you!)  I suppose input from a label who does this would serve to settle it once and for all though.  Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.  It would be really curious to know for sure. 

16 hours ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

The remaster of Martyrdom sounds amazing.

I need to revisit the old recording, because it honestly didn't sound drastically different to me.  What stood out to you, mostly?

38 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I mean, honestly man it's hard to tell if these posts are playful jest or not.  I know that's kind of the Reddit shit-posting character play thing and whatnot, but that's just not my bag so it's not all that surprising someone else may interpret that way.   I'm quite tired of the ad hominem angle as it's all over Facebook these days (it's fun having right-leaning family members, let me tell you!)  I suppose input from a label who does this would serve to settle it once and for all though.  Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.  It would be really curious to know for sure. 

I need to revisit the old recording, because it honestly didn't sound drastically different to me.  What stood out to you, mostly?

There were some guitar lines on the opening track that I’d never heard before, drum fills were cleaner, the opening to “stargazers and gravediggers “ sounded different too, and I feel like maybe some of the archival recordings were a bit clearer. 

Upon first listen I picked up on details I’d not heard before and this is an album that I’ve had on pretty consistent rotation since its initial release. Felt like a breath of fresh air. Also I think they removed the original version from Spotify because only the remasters is there now, you could spin the record to hear the difference. 

On 5/20/2020 at 1:50 PM, alwaysopenmouth said:

There were some guitar lines on the opening track that I’d never heard before, drum fills were cleaner, the opening to “stargazers and gravediggers “ sounded different too, and I feel like maybe some of the archival recordings were a bit clearer. 

Upon first listen I picked up on details I’d not heard before and this is an album that I’ve had on pretty consistent rotation since its initial release. Felt like a breath of fresh air. Also I think they removed the original version from Spotify because only the remasters is there now, you could spin the record to hear the difference. 

Right on, I need to give them another focused listen because I paid more attention to Vol. 1 when I played that through bandcamp.  That one seemed to have a ton more presence on the guitars, really putting them forward and clear.