Record Store Day 2017

5 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

We NEED a Zopilote Machine repress so badly

Merge hasn't done a ton of RSD releases in the past (I remember some Supercunk and Destroyer), but that'd be nice.

My one hope is that the Phish catalogue re-issue series continues (they didn't release anything for BFRSD last year, maybe because it was so close to the new album release?). Besides that, I'm almost hoping for nothing so I can spread out the cash I spend over the year.

1 hour ago, simple_torture said:

Merge hasn't done a ton of RSD releases in the past (I remember some Supercunk and Destroyer), but that'd be nice.

ZM wasn't released on Merge, though AHWT wasn't either and it got a Merge reissue a few years back. I feel like the only reason the first 5 aren't readily available on wax is because of some kind of rights issue. I don't know, I just want them. And the Ghana/Melon Farm/Protein compilations too. 

Probably would never happen through RSD though, John doesn't seem like he'd be all about RSD at all.

Love it or hate it, best thing about RSD is that it helps my local store make enough to pay their rent for a few months ensuring I have a place to pick up new releases every weekend. And if there is actually a release that I want, I just pick it up of discogs a month later.

Yeah these last three years I've always gone for one thing that excites me. It gets sold out, so I got home and buy it online from the like of 1-2-3go! Bullmoose, Melody Supreme, etc. I think this year I'm just going to celebrate a week early at my store, grab some releases and then buy all the RSD stuff I want online.

At this point in life my Google/clicking skills are better than my standing in line skills. 

Didn't go last year as the things I was sort of interested in didn't make it to any stores and I could live without them. I am hoping I don't have to go this year too as the last time I did it was an 11 hour camp out situation for the Red House Painters box. Enough bands have soured against this now that I don't know what this year will hold but I think it's the 10th anniversary this year so shit may wind up even crazier.

There are a few things that could get me there but I'd really rather not.

Don Giovanni has put out press releases for fake reissues of 90s bargain bin garbage for the last few years, sometimes news sites repost it without batting an eye.

http://dongiovannirecords.com/news/pure-moods-2xlp-for-record-store-day

http://dongiovannirecords.com/news/chant-deluxe-box-set-for-record-store-day

1 hour ago, daegor said:

No people were actually making lists that included totally non-existent releases after a 'news' outlet had clearly used these forums as a source.  They were pretty good, if I recall.

YES! That's what I was trying to recall. I posted a Kazaam one I believe. Can't find the post for the life of me. 

Actually, found it. 

New Release: 

Various Artists - Music from the Motion Picture Kazaam (Genie shaped glow-in-the-dark picture disc commemorating Shaq's blockbuster movie. One time pressing signed and numbered copies out of 1000, each with a Shaquille O'Neal trading card and genie plastic charm).

Edited by ajhall04
wording

51 minutes ago, ajhall04 said:

Actually, found it. 

New Release: 

Various Artists - Music from the Motion Picture Kazaam (Genie shaped glow-in-the-dark picture disc commemorating Shaq's blockbuster movie. One time pressing signed and numbered copies out of 1000, each with a Shaquille O'Neal trading card and genie plastic charm).

This should be updated this year for Sinbad's classic genie movie Shazaam.