Record Store Day 2017

3 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I can't believe no one from the secret inner sleeve chat has caved and told you where to get the ones you're looking for. Great will power!

i think i changed what i want... the best will prob be a paper sleeve with poly lining and corner cuts and the lip i take take of leave either way.  but even those are hard to find.  i cant believe how hard it is to find a good inner sleeve other then just leave what came with it... what to you use danniel?

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Are these the people who were giving you shit for the photos you were posting of your empty closet?  Or are you using "closet" in a less literal sense?  (Perhaps individuals who consider you as a friend... but only in secret, as to avoid public humiliation on the boards.)

I watch the World's Neatest Closet video regularly :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Kanye West said:

If this comment holds any truth, then the list you're all looking at is far from complete.

yeah I've only seen list 1, list 2 showed up yesterday but we were so busy we didn't even get to look at it yet did a sick 500 title record buy full of amazing records where the margin is ridiculously higher than anything we will sell on RSD so I had to focus on that

2 hours ago, tug said:

i think i changed what i want... the best will prob be a paper sleeve with poly lining and corner cuts and the lip i take take of leave either way.  but even those are hard to find.  i cant believe how hard it is to find a good inner sleeve other then just leave what came with it... what to you use danniel?

I just go with the Audiophile Inner sleeves (20 bucks for 50) at SleeveCityUSA. They're basically a knock-off of MoFi sleeves, but seem to be a bit more rigid. They also sell a Double Audiophile ($14 for 25) that's great for 2-LP albums. If those are too rich for your blood, they also sell 50-packs of the round-bottom sleeves for 10 bucks. Hold up well, don't fade, and definitely don't break the bank.

Best time to buy is when they're running their coupon codes. Sometimes they go up to 25% off and that's when I buy in bulk. Think I have enough now for the next couple years.

found the secretly canadian distribution RSD list:

COMING SOON FROM SECRETLY DISTRIBUTION ...
RECORD STORE DAY 2017

• ALEX CALDER / HOMESHAKE - NANKHATAI / STUCK INSIDE I 7" (CTSP036lp) I Captured Tracks PHYS UPC:817949013196
• BONNIE "PRINCE" BILLY AND NATHAN SALSBURG - UNTITLED ("BEARGRASS SONG" + 2 EP) I 7" (POB0371p)
I Paradise of Bachelors PHYS U PC:616892340041
• CLEANERS FROM VENUS - BEST OF ... I LP (CT2591p) I Captured Tracks PHYS UPC:817949013141
• FOLLAKZOID FEAT. J. SPACEMAN - LONDON SESSIONS I LP (SBRl 761p) I Sacred Bones Records PHYS UPC:616892459644
• IRON AND WINE - ARCHIVES SERIES VOLUME NO. 3 (TRANSLUCENT BLUE VINYL) I 12" (BC0051p-Cl)
I Black Cricket Recording Co. PHYS UPC:036172613519
• KEVIN MORBY - BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS B/W NO PLACE TO FALL (COVER) I 7" (DOC1291p) I Dead Oceans PHYS UPC:656605142975
• NOISE ADDICT - 10,000 KIDS WITH GUITARS I 2xLP (NUM2071p) I Numero Group PHYS UPC:825764120715
• SUUNS - HOLD/ STILL REMIXES (RED VINYL) I 2xLP (SC3491p) I Secrefrly Canadian PHYS UPC:656605034911
• VARIOUS ARTISTS - SOUTHWEST SIDE STORY (TEXAS CRUDE VINYL) I ILP (NBR0081p) I Numero Group PHYS UPC:825764009713
• WHITE ZOMBIE - GODS ON VOODOO MOON I 7" (NUM7101p) I Numero Group PHYS UPC:825764801072
• WHITE ZOMBIE - GODS ON VOODOO MOON (ZOMBIE BLOOD VINYL) I 7" (NUM7101p-Cl) I Numero Group PHYS UPC:825764801010

*All releases are subject to change.

22 hours ago, neo_styles said:

I just go with the Audiophile Inner sleeves (20 bucks for 50) at SleeveCityUSA. They're basically a knock-off of MoFi sleeves, but seem to be a bit more rigid. They also sell a Double Audiophile ($14 for 25) that's great for 2-LP albums. If those are too rich for your blood, they also sell 50-packs of the round-bottom sleeves for 10 bucks. Hold up well, don't fade, and definitely don't break the bank.

Best time to buy is when they're running their coupon codes. Sometimes they go up to 25% off and that's when I buy in bulk. Think I have enough now for the next couple years.

i like sleevecity and buy my outer sleeves form them, but i dislike the selection of there inner sleeves.  the ones you describe you can only see 1 side of the LP...i really cant believe it is so hard to find a basic white polylined sleeve with corner cuts.  i figured theyd be a dime a dozen but the sleeves available to the public to buy are weird.

1 hour ago, tug said:

i like sleevecity and buy my outer sleeves form them, but i dislike the selection of there inner sleeves.  the ones you describe you can only see 1 side of the LP...i really cant believe it is so hard to find a basic white polylined sleeve with corner cuts.  i figured theyd be a dime a dozen but the sleeves available to the public to buy are weird.

Honestly, I can't think of an occasion where I'd need to see both sides of the LP, so it wasn't something I ever considered. Instead, I just make it a habit to have the A side facing outward and that's what's put behind the album cover in the outer sleeve.

I do think their Ultimate Audiophile has label windows on either side; it's just more than I care to spend. I also try to eliminate paper from being anywhere close to contacting my records since I've managed to find some form of dust or shaving on every single record I've purchased with a paper sleeve (even if it's lined in poly) for the past six months or so.

Either way, good luck on your searching.

6 hours ago, neo_styles said:

Either way, good luck on your searching.

Yo neo_styles Tug is kind of a figure of fun/disdain on this board after endlessly bumping any and all threads to do with The Used and starting several threads just about his hunt for the perfect inner sleeve. You seem like a stand up guy for trying to help him out but he will not be satisfied with any of the suggestions or advice you pass on, he'll just change his original specifications to keep the conversation going on and on. There is a lot of debate if he is for real.

2 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Yo neo_styles Tug is kind of a figure of fun/disdain on this board after endlessly bumping any and all threads to do with The Used and starting several threads just about his hunt for the perfect inner sleeve. You seem like a stand up guy for trying to help him out but he will not be satisfied with any of the suggestions or advice you pass on, he'll just change his original specifications to keep the conversation going on and on. There is a lot of debate if he is for real.

Appreciate the heads up

5 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

2 hours ago, neo_styles said:

Appreciate the heads up

don't believe everything you read on the internet.    

8 minutes ago, tug said:

don't believe everything you read on the internet.    

So you think people here don't dislike your constant bumping of the Used threads and you haven't opened three separate threads about Inner sleeves that were locked and removed? I mean people do communicate that to you regularly. I don't even mind the silly stuff you do I just don't want someone who isn't aware of your reputation  wasting their breath on a never ending tangent on yet another Tug derailed thread.

5 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

As someone who's been around a bit and is aware of most VC shenanigans, I back this.

24 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

1 So you think people here don't dislike your constant bumping of the Used threads

2 and you haven't opened three separate threads about Inner sleeves that were locked and removed?

3 I mean people do communicate that to you regularly.

4 I don't even mind the silly stuff you do

5 I just don't want someone who isn't aware of your reputation  wasting their breath on a never ending tangent on yet another Tug derailed thread.

1 the used threads are when i update with news, not really bumping.  

2 my sleeve threads were each a year apart from each other and only removed due to trolls comments.  

3 yes people always like talking to me, i am well liked.

4 not trying to be a comedian but i often am funny and make people laugh, sometimes the truth is the funniest.

5 my threads would be very short if people stop trolling me on here and post a real link to what i want.

you theories have been shot down and now you will be known as 'stress on the ground' for now on...

Letting us know that Used records are still in stock after two weeks does not constitute as news.  Also, the board is laughing at you and not with you.  Please do not confuse these two things.  Refer to your last point for clarification.

10 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

So... There's still no official list yet? 

I don't believe so.

10 minutes ago, RobertSmith said:

1. Tug = troll

2. No figgin' list yet.

3. My email is getting spammed by this nonsense. No more sleeve, The Used or Tug this or that. @Shitty Rambo or @jhulud step in and start deleting this nonsense.

I'm getting pissed. 

I can see that you're new to VC and haven't quite established that that's not how it works, but I'm confident you'll figure it out.  You seem like a fairly intelligent guy based off your punctuation; I imagine you'll also quickly determine that subscribing to threads via e-mail is a horrible idea.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

I can see that you're new to VC and haven't quite established that that's not how it works, but I'm confident you'll figure it out.  You seem like a fairly intelligent guy based off your punctuation; I imagine you'll also quickly determine that subscribing to threads via e-mail is a horrible idea.

I always forget that's a feature, seems like it would just flood my inbox. 

Usually what I do is just check back every few hours and open everything with a "last unread post" star in a new tab.

Tug is taking a mandatory vacation. @RobertSmith in the future please report problem users. Contrary to popular belief, Jhulud and myself do not read everything that is posted on VC and appreciate when community members bring issues to our attention via the report system.