Record Store Day 2017

8 hours ago, scottheisel said:

You clearly don't spend enough money at your local record store, then. My guy won't specifically order RSD stuff just for me but if I've expressed serious interest in a RSD title and he only gets 1 or 2 of them, he will usually stash it behind the counter for me. I'm sure I'm not the only customer he does this for, because that's how you take care of your regulars — the people that keep the doors open the other 364 days a year.

You're not wrong, but that's primarily because I have no local record store in my area of northern California.  I've never participated in a physical, wait-in-line, fend-off-other-customers RSD before, and would probably have to drive to the bay area to do so.  I do get what you're saying and it's cool that it's the case; like I mentioned a few posts above, I'd practice the same ethics if I was running a record store of my own.  But as someone whose only knowledge of RSD comes from stories of friends, posts online, and general commentary, I'm sure 90%+ of record shops won't hold RSD orders for specific customers.  More power to yours if they do, though.

19 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

You're not wrong, but that's primarily because I have no local record store in my area of northern California.  I've never participated in a physical, wait-in-line, fend-off-other-customers RSD before, and would probably have to drive to the bay area to do so.  I do get what you're saying and it's cool that it's the case; like I mentioned a few posts above, I'd practice the same ethics if I was running a record store of my own.  But as someone whose only knowledge of RSD comes from stories of friends, posts online, and general commentary, I'm sure 90%+ of record shops won't hold RSD orders for specific customers.  More power to yours if they do, though.

While I don't condemn this practice at all. I actually think that regular record collectors should get relatively better treatment, I'd be careful of talking about this here. VC gets alot of attention around RSD. So I wouldn't want these kind people to get in trouble. And while names are not mentioned, just bring it to the light is enough to get RSD people on alert. Just my 2 cents on the matter.

11 hours ago, DafTyler said:

A store I frequent was new to RSD and held the RSD Deja for me. 

Man some people were irate.

Where is this list? Wasnt on page one and dont wanna go through 17 pages looking.  

http://thevinylfactory.com/news/record-store-day-2017-exclusives-list-rumour/

Edited by Han Solo

3 hours ago, Han Solo said:

Based off this I don't feel like my wallet is going to take a huge hit. I definitely want the Cinematic Orchestra release if confirmed I've been wanting that album for a long time.  Guess I'll be standing in line outside Amoeba again this year...

I usually luck out and want only one or two things, but there's some decent stuff I'm going to grab this year.

Balance & Composure, Blondie, Germs (usually not into variants, but I need all 4 :lol:), The Sundays, The Wombats (maybe?) and possibly that Early L.A. comp.  Waiting for details.

Edited by curator

7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Whoa!! Hope this is a sign that static & silence is coming

Sundays, The – Blind [LP] (25th Anniversary Edition, Colored Vinyl, limited to 1500, indie-retail exclusive) LP

Hope they use the U.S. tracklist too.  The extra song on each album is great.

9 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

That Balance & Composure 7" is pretty much confirmed. They posted a picture of a test pressing a couple weeks back and I was hoping it was for their upcoming tour, but nooooope apparently

not. 

Nice, I'm probably going to pick that up alongside one other record. 

Damn! First RSD I'm gonna miss in a while and finally a decent list... for me at least.

Wants:

Coheed and Cambria

Mungo Jerry

Waylon Jennings

Townes Van Zandt

Stevie Ray Vaughnn

and 

Dave Matthews Band

PS. of course corey feldman, what do I look like? a guy whose not lazy?

edit: I think at least some of those might still be available later or will get a nonRSD version

Edited by clerk3745

1. Start a topic on RSD way too early in the year.
  2. Bitch and moan about how bad it is and how you hope there's nothing you want this year.
  3. Argue about whether or not an early leak is legit.
  4. State that RSD is dead based of the early leak and that you're happy you don't have to go.
  5. Bitch and moan about how RSD backs up pressing plants and how it is ruining the vinyl industry with worthless represses.
  6. Another leak, be excited about 1-2 releases.
  7. Official list, complain about 'RSD First' releases.
  8. Day of, endless discussion on what you got and what you didn't get, and can you help me find DMB????
  9. Bitch and moan.
  10. Repeat next year.
Edited by daegor