Record Store Day 2017

36 minutes ago, MicLima said:

You know, the more I think about it, this doesn't really make sense; at least the way I think they want it to.

The flippers are actually supporting the indie record stores, are they not?

Maybe I'm overthinking it.

It's more directed toward people that start ebay stores a week or two before RSD, list a ton of exclusives and jack up the prices while using RSD's images from their website on the listings.  Although, flippers  can easily find other images on the web since a lot of it has been issued.

5 hours ago, paralyticstalks said:

Called a few of my local stores to see if they could get the Cocteau Twins LPs in and the general consensus was basically "no". Does anyone know if any UK stores or distros sell leftover RSD stock online the day/week after? I seem to recall Banquet doing that but I can't remember for sure. That seems to be my only chance unless a friendly person on here is willing to try to snag them for me <3

Banquet usually put their leftover stock online the week after. Check their website for confirmation.

Discogs is worth checking on the day and directly after as stores sometimes sell on there at reasonable prices.

24 minutes ago, curator said:

It's more directed toward people that start ebay stores a week or two before RSD, list a ton of exclusives and jack up the prices while using RSD's images from their website on the listings.  Although, flippers  can easily find other images on the web since a lot of it has been issued.

I was referring to the actual phrase itself.  You're not wrong though, I think it would've been hilarious to see "WATERMARK" going from bottom left to top right.

2 hours ago, kylemcauliffe15 said:

One Little Indian is reissuing Asobi Seksu's Citrus but it seems to be a UK exclusive for now.

http://recordstoreday.co.uk/exclusive-releases/rsd-2017/asobi-seksu/

Want it SO BAD but I'll probably be paying an arm and a leg for one.

Or...

https://www.merchbar.com/vinyl-records/asobi-seksu/asobi-seksu-citrus-vinyl-record

I guess I'm one of the few that has a lot on my list this year?

Andre 3000- All Together Now

The Cure- Greatest Hits

Marcy Playground-ST

Toto- Africa

Pineapple Express Soundtrack

Space Jam Soundtrack

Ted Wulfers- The Cubs Won it All in 2016

Pearl Jam- State of Love and Trust/ Breath

Maybe:

Blind Mr. Jones- Stereo Musicale

Iggy Pop- Post Pop Depression: Live at the Royal Albert Hall

Super Furry Animals- Fuzzy Logic

Superchunk- Cup of Sand

Field Music- Tones of Town

Filthy Friends- Any Kind of Crowd

9 hours ago, kylemcauliffe15 said:

One Little Indian is reissuing Asobi Seksu's Citrus but it seems to be a UK exclusive for now.

http://recordstoreday.co.uk/exclusive-releases/rsd-2017/asobi-seksu/

Want it SO BAD but I'll probably be paying an arm and a leg for one.

I just preordered this on Amazon, not realizing it was UK RSD release. Maybe we're just getting a regular release in the States: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00288AXSG

10 hours ago, neo_styles said:

Yeah, UK exclusive. I was going to get it for a friend's wedding present. Now I'll just have to hope it doesn't get flipped for an astronomical amount.

Banquet puts all their leftovers up the following weekend so there's a good chance you can get it without paying flipper prices.

11 hours ago, neo_styles said:

Yeah, UK exclusive. I was going to get it for a friend's wedding present. Now I'll just have to hope it doesn't get flipped for an astronomical amount.

36 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

Banquet puts all their leftovers up the following weekend so there's a good chance you can get it without paying flipper prices.

Not just Banquet - everyone. Good advice is to avoid Banquet if you can. Yes, they have a lot of stock, but the website grinds to a halt as soon as they go up and I believe (from experience) that they oversell and a lot of orders go unfulfilled. There will be a lot of other options for this - I strongly suspect it won't sell out.

BTW, for UK RSD regulars, Norman Records in Leeds are not allowed to particiapte this year as it's been deemed they aren't really a bricks and mortar store (which TBH is true). They hope to get some stock in for the online sales.

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:20 PM, marc32137 said:

They usually go up at midnight on the following Friday, so the time difference does work out quite well for the US, but as has been said the popular sites will crash (at about I min past). It's always worth registering for a notification with Banquet however as they do re-stock some items. I remember a couple of years ago I wanted a particular item and bought it on ebay, only to receive a notification email from them a  couple of days later.

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:49 AM, duckula said:

I've heard the Bowie promo release is going to be around £50+, yeesh.

Resident will be offering it at £49.99.

http://www.resident-music.com/

$52.97 at Bull Moose in the US so not much in it. Probably even less after Article 50 is triggered.

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/24849307/david-bowie-bowpromo-gem-promo-lp-record-store-day-exclusive

Edited by Roandy55

That sucks... It's a better Diamond Dogs-era live album than David Live IMO (the one time I heard it) but that's way too pricey. 

Local stores already have over-inflated prices for the Bowie reissues (I've had to buy from Amazon instead) so I can't imagine affording this. Maybe if there was nothing else to buy I'd splurge at this point.

There are only 2 releases that I'm really keeping an eye out for. What kinda sucks though is my local store always jacks up the prices of RSD releases. It's only about $5-10 more, but it still kinda sucks that they do that. I could take the hour drive to a better store and save the money, but it's much, much busier and I'dhave to show up almost a whole day early. People are nuts.