Record Store Day 2017

Add that Luna Penthouse reissue with the bonus tracks to my wishlist in my signature... Guess I'm flipping my copy from the box set as a result if I decide to buy the new version. Hope it fits in the box.

I might nix The Sundays since I realised it's a no-frills reissue... Unless I like the price....

Because between the Bowie and SDRE alone I'm already north of 100 CAD very likely...

The Air 12" I could live without, too but it sure looks pretty and I have a VG grade copy of Casanova 70 to go with it. Field Music I'd have to pick up if it's at the store because it'll be hard to find it later IMO but I won't die if I don't see it.

I didn't buy those very temptingly discounted Beastie Boys boxsets in the other thread (I might regret that decision but I'm banking they might be on sale again by year's end) so I might actually afford everything on my wishlist even!

If money were no object, those TV Personalities records would be snapped up, too. I hope they stick around for me to pick up later, or that these reissues are a feeler for a box set with a rarities disc or two thrown in.

Anyway, I'm more enthused about RSD than in ages which is saying something because I skipped it the last two years (and still bought one or two things I was mildly interested in days/weeks later).

Edited by armadillo01

@Hossy55noticed that White Zombie Gods On Voodoo Moon was not on the list for RSD 2017. I also verified myself that it is not listed. Both on the webpage and the latest PDF file. I compared an older PDF list to a recent one and I don't see it either...

It should be listed right after Johnny Guitar Watson under Record    Store    Day    LIMITED    RUN/REGIONAL    RELEASE

Anyone else notice this too?

Man.... I just need a better record store. Mine is too small to get more than 1 of anything significant. I usually get in line at 5AM  and still get only the 7"s I want.  Saw the email from Creep Records today and got pretty jealous. Their giving out screenings to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 to the first 5 people in line to ask. I think I'm going to go again this year just for the 'the thrill', grab some non-RSD titles like I always do, then order the RSD stuff online. 

2 hours ago, DiscoJon said:

Okay, possibly a super dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway.  "Record Store Day FIRST RELEASES" means that the titles will eventually have a regular record store release sometime in the future, correct?

Most RSD titles (not all) end up having a normal release at some point.

10 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

I know of no store around me getting it but if someone can help me grab me a copy of Waylon Jennings - Waylon Forever. I would really appreciate it.  I promise I'm not the monster my avatar makes me out to be.

If I see it, I'll let you know, but out of 250 units, odds aren't good.

36 minutes ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

In case anyone was thinking of picking these up:

8yZ81YZ.png?1

Well I just saved a bunch of money this weekend as I planned buying a couple of these. I hope the case goes well for Spacemen 3. I'd love to see more legitimate reissues of this material.

Edited by aphasias