Record Store Day 2017

27 minutes ago, Dhesketh said:

Couldn't sleep so walked down to the shop down the street to wait for it to open. Only one here.  Just picking up sunny day, think they ordered 2 copies.  It's a small shop but if anyone wants me to check for something they missed out on pm me. 

Edited by hyperg1ant

19 hours ago, charles1028 said:

Just got word that I won a drawing to be first in line at my local record store.  I get 15 minutes in the store all to myself .  Not really much that I'm after that is in danger of selling out but should make for one of the smoothest RSD experiences yet.

Well - that was fun.  Showed up to the store at 4:30 and they let me right in and started to hand me records as I read them off my list.   I had everything I came for and was out of the store before 5am.  Walked out with:

SDRE 

Luna - Penthouse 

Cinematic Orchestra - Ma Fleur 

Neil Young - Decade

Cure Greatest Hits & Acoustic Hits (this was one of my biggest wants and they only got one copy in)

Toto Pic Disc

Prince Pic Disc

Superchunk - Cup of Sand

I also picked up a copy of Aja because, why not? 

And this was me practicing self control.  They have quite a big selection of titles still and they plan to put them online at 5am PST tomorrow morning.

Check them out at portofsoundrecords.com.

28 minutes ago, EverRaiden said:

Woke up at 6 to drive an hour and a half, 80 miles, to my favorite record store. Would've gotten up earlier, but I worked until midnight last night and was  already exhausted. Got there at 745ish which was later than I wanted and there was a pretty decent line. Finally got in at 10. The store had everything behind the counter, so employees had to grab them. I gave one my list, which they recommend. Just Thrice, Coheed, and not as important but Balance & Composure and Pearl Jam. Right before I went in I saw a Thrice label on the floor through the window, so I assumed that was a no go. But there was one copy of Coheed on the shelf so I was sorta content with that. The dude with my list kept pacing behind the counter like he had no idea where any of them were. Finally he reaches for Coheed only for another employee to grab it at the same time. The employee helping me lets go and starts saying there might be more somewhere else and I watch completely baffled as the other employee hands the final copy to the guy directly behind me. After another minute of awkwardly searching, he handed me a copy of Pearl Jam, saying that's all he has left, and went off to help someone else. Since I drove all the way out there I tried to enjoy myself and look through their other records, but I was too dumbfounded to actually concentration. The checkout was going to take another half hour and I could tell the Pearl Jam single would end up in the bargain bin, so I just walked out empty handed. What a waste of six hours and half a tank. All I got was a Snapchat of me flipping off a Dunkin Donuts cup with a Rangers logo.  Now I gotta go directly to work for the next 6 hours and I'm sure by the time I'm out it won't even be worth checking other stores.

I'm sure this type of experience is what the RSD founding fathers had in mind when this kicked this shindig off 10 years ago.

I don't know why I do this to myself. Walk in 15 minutes after opening, everyone has a Cracked Actor in their hand and not a single copy left. Wait fucking half an hour to check out the way overpriced Field Music and one out of seemingly every other copy of Luna - Penthouse Deluxe. SDRE did not even ship to Canada (I phoned another store for confirmation).

Frustrating waste of fucking time.

34 minutes ago, EverRaiden said:

Woke up at 6 to drive an hour and a half, 80 miles, to my favorite record store. Would've gotten up earlier, but I worked until midnight last night and was  already exhausted. Got there at 745ish which was later than I wanted and there was a pretty decent line. Finally got in at 10. The store had everything behind the counter, so employees had to grab them. I gave one my list, which they recommend. Just Thrice, Coheed, and not as important but Balance & Composure and Pearl Jam. Right before I went in I saw a Thrice label on the floor through the window, so I assumed that was a no go. But there was one copy of Coheed on the shelf so I was sorta content with that. The dude with my list kept pacing behind the counter like he had no idea where any of them were. Finally he reaches for Coheed only for another employee to grab it at the same time. The employee helping me lets go and starts saying there might be more somewhere else and I watch completely baffled as the other employee hands the final copy to the guy directly behind me. After another minute of awkwardly searching, he handed me a copy of Pearl Jam, saying that's all he has left, and went off to help someone else. Since I drove all the way out there I tried to enjoy myself and look through their other records, but I was too dumbfounded to actually concentration. The checkout was going to take another half hour and I could tell the Pearl Jam single would end up in the bargain bin, so I just walked out empty handed. What a waste of six hours and half a tank. All I got was a Snapchat of me flipping off a Dunkin Donuts cup with a Rangers logo.  Now I gotta go directly to work for the next 6 hours and I'm sure by the time I'm out it won't even be worth checking other stores.

Brutal!

Can someone please grab me the Pineapple Express soundtrack? The dumb fuck behind the counter forgot to grab it for me and now I'm super bummed. I'm going to pass out right now, but if someone could please grab it for me, I'll PayPal you the second I wake up (just provide me your info). Please and thank you in advance! 

36 minutes ago, EverRaiden said:

That's a huge fucking bummer. 

Noise Addict and Goo Goo Dolls were both flagged as "regional" and I'm deep in the heart of Texas so I'm sure they aren't my region. If anyone could grab either / both (and I know the Goo Goo Dolls is a pretty penny) I would appreciate it. I'd wait it out for bullmoose but you never know if they will make it online or not.

Heck, since I'm asking forum members to pick me up, Distillers and Superchunk are the other two on my list. So, yeah. :-)