Record Store Day 2017

My sister and I have gone the past 4 years together so while the last was pretty meh, we didn't to carry on our tradition.

Got to the store around 1 AM.  We were 10th in line.  Store opened at 7AM.  I was able to grab the couple things I wanted, but was bummed my store didn't have Damnation AD.  

The prices on RSD always suck, but this year seemed to be even worse.  It seemed like everything was $35-$40.  I passed on a few things I may have grabbed on a whim just because of pricing. 

Pretty excited over my haul. First in line 2 hours before opening so they let me pick one to guarantee I got it. Picked up Miley Cyrus, All Time Low, Sia, Iron Horse, Pineapple Express, Star Wars, Prince, The Beatles, Against Me, Coheed and Cambria  and the Run The Jewels bag. Also got some free older RSD releases since I was first in line from The Weeknd, Lightning Strikes The Postman and Lil Wayne. I hope to get my hands on Space Jam, Gerard Way, Tegan and Sarah/The Regrettes, Thrice, Blade Runner and Danny Brown still. None of my stores in town got them. If anyone can help out let me know. If not I'll wait until the leftovers go up tomorrow. 

First time in a few years that I didn't line up in the morning, got there around 3pm figuring I would grab a few non-RSD things to support my local shop except I couldn't get inside because it would've required walking through a band who they had playing at the front of the store, and through the crowd watching them. If anyone ends up grabbing an extra Hudson Mohawke/Watch Dogs 2 record I would be happy to take it off your hands. 

Edited by erthan

17 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

It's also been out of print since '78, and if you look at how much the originals go for on Discogs, it's worth it.

I mean, to each their own, but just because something costs x amount more for a different version doesn't mean $18 is a good deal for a 7" with under 7 minutes of music on it. The Germs rule and all...that's just crazy to me.

Did anyone that did strictly discs get charged yet? There was a snafu with my wishlist and normally by now I get a cc charge. Just trying to plan ahead so I can grab stuff online later as I wasn't able to make it out today due to medical issues. Guess I don't want to buy things twice if I don't need to but also didn't want to call and bug them either as I'm sure they are swamped all day.

If anyone in Toronto is interested in the BOWPROMO and/or Cracked Actor 74' Live releases I picked these up and am now doubting that I need these.

Selling for what I paid in Canadian including taxes:

BOWPROMO - $95

Cracked Actor - $75

Would rather deal local but can ship if people pay the canadian BS shipping fees.

Let me know.

4 minutes ago, slipcraig said:

Looking for Cocteau Twins, Meters, and Sugar. Help a brother out. 

http://www.ccmusic.com/copper-blue-25th-anniversary-edition/5014797895669

The PAUL2050 code may work as I think someone said that there is no minimum purchase.

I still have the Cocteau Twins I bought for the board. There is interest, but no-one has 100% confirmed they are taking them.

My buddy and I woke up at 4, drove an hour and a half to soundgarden in Baltimore. At 615 we were in the 30s in line. I wanted space jam, he wanted marcy playground. They said they got no marcy's and space jam was long gone before we got up there. Went to a 2nd store that had normal inventory to look at while waiting in line. While we were doing that someone cut the line in front of us and one other guy. We watched him grab the last marcy right in front of us. Probably won't waste my time with RSD again, just try online. Needless to say we're still looking for those if someone could me out let me know, thanks!

25 minutes ago, ExtraFox said:

http://www.ccmusic.com/copper-blue-25th-anniversary-edition/5014797895669

The PAUL2050 code may work as I think someone said that there is no minimum purchase.

I still have the Cocteau Twins I bought for the board. There is interest, but no-one has 100% confirmed they are taking them.

Thank you for helping a brother out! Scored that on ccmusic.com.

How much are you asking for the Cocteau Twins? 

19 minutes ago, RhoBearToe said:

My buddy and I woke up at 4, drove an hour and a half to soundgarden in Baltimore. At 615 we were in the 30s in line. I wanted space jam, he wanted marcy playground. They said they got no marcy's and space jam was long gone before we got up there. Went to a 2nd store that had normal inventory to look at while waiting in line. While we were doing that someone cut the line in front of us and one other guy. We watched him grab the last marcy right in front of us. Probably won't waste my time with RSD again, just try online. Needless to say we're still looking for those if someone could me out let me know, thanks!

Based on what I saw in the couple of shops I stopped into, I think there will be plenty of both those titles available when online sales start. 

Intentionally slept in, went to Vintage Vinyl at around 3 and picked up a few non RSD titles

I was looking for Gerard Way's single with the Allred comic, Danny Brown, and semi looking for the Big Thief 7", all of which were sold out but it was definitely fun to go and support my local for the first time in a little while

If anyone has any leads on that Gerard Way release it would be greatly appreciated