Record Store Day 2017

30 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

FYI on people hunting that Sundays

Accoridng to some on discogs, pressing is off center which is causing noise issues. No insert, jacket looks like a low res blowup. Overall this appears to be bare bones with issues so be cautious before paying an inflated price

Called it! They should do a 2xLP with the two b-sides, the Black Session live cuts and whatever unreleased/demo tracks they find to fill that second lp up.

Didn't end up going out on RSD, but picked up Field Music - Tones of Town online this morning for what I assumed was an appropriate Canadian cost.  Wanted the Evan Dando, but it looks like it was listed for about $50US, which by the time I find a place to ship, would be around $100CDN - not worth it at all to me. Also curious about the Atomic Bomb Band, but that seems to be popping up all over online, so I'm hoping it might be one of those still around long after RSD releases...

1 hour ago, unknown pleasures said:

I kind of feel bad how all the inventory that's being posted online today from shops is basically the same list of leftovers from store to store; both for the bands who are inevitably going to end up in the bargain bins and for the stores that are going to inevitably take a financial hit because of the RSD "no returns" policy. 

It's not a RSD "no returns" policy, just FYI.  None (or precious few) of the distros accept back any vinyl, never have.  If they allowed returns on vinyl, they would kill the market, as Best Buy & Walmart would be all over it.  It would get really ugly.   

Edited to add... stores who overbuy and are left with worthless stock - and we've done it - have only themselves to blame for not being better in tune with their customers' needs.

Edited by Monster Music & Movies

4 minutes ago, Sidney Crosley said:

Didn't end up going out on RSD, but picked up Field Music - Tones of Town online this morning for what I assumed was an appropriate Canadian cost.  

Rotate had it for 35CAD. I only bought it cuz I only bought one other thing from them and could budget a crazy expense like that.

1 hour ago, Dunc said:
1 hour ago, Monster Music & Movies said:

We've calmed down a bit and are getting back to folks one by one!I was called back fairly quickly and taken care of. 

Hey, i think we've caught up.  Will update and repost the list when we can.  Might be able to add a few things to it.  Meanwhile if there's something you missed out on, feel free to hit us up & we'll see what we can do.  If we've somehow left anyone hanging, poke us & let us know.

2 minutes ago, Monster Music & Movies said:

Hey, i think we've caught up.  Will update and repost the list when we can.  Might be able to add a few things to it.  Meanwhile if there's something you missed out on, feel free to hit us up & we'll see what we can do.  If we've somehow left anyone hanging, poke us & let us know.

Out of curiosity did you get any Bowie Cracked Actor and how long did they last?

3 hours ago, Kanye West said:

I had the Sundays in my hand at the store and it just felt cheap, from the jacket to the art to the 1LP (no gatefold) .. for $30 it was an EZ Pass

I hate that for such an iconic band and such a great record what is supposed to be a 25th anniversary reissue got this kind of cheap treatment. I picked it up just because I am a big fan, and perhaps this inspires them to come back and do at least a reunion tour. Hopefully they do "static" justice. Because it has to be reissued soon enough.

I ran into my local shop yesterday, Everybody's Records in Cincinnati, and they were out of the Pearl Jam single.  I got a Facebook message from them today saying they found a copy and asked if I wanted it.

I seriously cannot recommend these dudes enough.  If you're in town, it's a must to stop in.

5 hours ago, Kanye West said:

I had the Sundays in my hand at the store and it just felt cheap, from the jacket to the art to the 1LP (no gatefold) .. for $30 it was an EZ Pass

I feel better about my OG copy now. I can live without the Wild Horses extra track on side B. As someone mentioned earlier I'll be hoping Static gets some decent treatment, that's the only one I don't have and probably my favorite of all the Sundays 

Just want to take this opportunity to thank @KingTacoMunster for getting that Offspring and making my birthday! Lol

Also I wanna say to all those RSD haters... You don't have to go! Lol

Also I wanna say that I really love RSD allot. It means something to me cuz it usually falls right before or right after my birthday. So you can see why it's so special to me. This time it was the day after my birthday. This is about the only time that my wife actually let's me splurge on records, lol.

I got almost everything on my list this year. All except for Jane's Addiction. I don't normally go for 7", but this year those were my most wanted, lol. Every year it's different. And that's why I love RSD. Thanks er'one...

:P

7 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Just want to take this opportunity to thank @KingTacoMunster for getting that Offspring and making my birthday! Lol

Also I wanna say to all those RSD haters... You don't have to go! Lol

Also I wanna say that I really love RSD allot. It means something to me cuz it usually falls right before or right after my birthday. So you can see why it's so special to me. This time it was the day after my birthday. This is about the only time that my wife actually let's me splurge on records, lol.

I got almost everything on my list this year. All except for Jane's Addiction. I don't normally go for 7", but this year those were my most wanted, lol. Every year it's different. And that's why I love RSD. Thanks er'one...

:P

It usually falls before or after my birthday, too.