Record Store Day 2017

25 minutes ago, MyckelJay said:

There are only 2 releases that I'm really keeping an eye out for. What kinda sucks though is my local store always jacks up the prices of RSD releases. It's only about $5-10 more, but it still kinda sucks that they do that. I could take the hour drive to a better store and save the money, but it's much, much busier and I'dhave to show up almost a whole day early. People are nuts.

pretty sure it's in the pledge that you can't charge more than 5 or 10% above MSRP

7 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

pretty sure it's in the pledge that you can't charge more than 5 or 10% above MSRP

I'm not sure what the amount is, but I know there's a rule against the stores boosting the price. I'm not gonna worry too much about it though because it's the only record store in my area that gets the releases I want for RSD. There are two other stores relatively close, but one store gets extremely limited amounts of a small portion of the releases and the other doesn't even participate. Even after the uncharge I can still afford them, so I'm not too concerned about it. I just feel bad for the people who can't afford to drive further away and have a smaller budget.

37 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

I'm seeing on social media that the Foo Fighters "Songs for them Laundry Mat" that they released for RSD a few years back has gotten a repress and it's out today, figured I'd post about it if anyone was interested.

I saw that at my local the other day for $15 and was surprised. A repress would explain it!

They should repress Medium Rare.

Edited by itsgoodtobefree

3 hours ago, Reshiram454 said:

I'm seeing on social media that the Foo Fighters "Songs for them Laundry Mat" that they released for RSD a few years back has gotten a repress and it's out today, figured I'd post about it if anyone was interested.

Would you happen to have a link to this info/ possibly even a link to purchase? Can't find anything when I search 

7 hours ago, rhcp02 said:

THANK YOU.

Before I realized this was actually re-released, I made an offer on one on eBay a day or two ago for $34 since the guy had 5 of them at $38. So glad the greedy fucker countered at $36. 

3 hours ago, paynegretzky said:

Made an inquiry about SDRE's Rising Tide at my local shop today. Looks like $48 CAD (tax in) for anybody curious from Canada.

Thanks! It's a shit time to be a Canadian collector, that's for sure: Lousy dollar and steep import charges, especially from the States. Don't know about you but if I order online I now look at Euro and UK sellers before US ones due to shipping alone.

Between this and the 2.5LP Bowie live album I'm already probably looking at around 110 CAD after tax. Ughhhhhhh...

Edited by armadillo01
Guesstimating price

I feel ya Armadillo. I remember a few RSDs back dropping 110 on 3 records, which is ridiculous. This year I'll be on search solely for Rising Tide and maybe Space Jam soundtrack, if it's around. Amazon has been my best friend for purchases online. 3.50 shipping international? C'mon now!

4 hours ago, paynegretzky said:

I feel ya Armadillo. I remember a few RSDs back dropping 110 on 3 records, which is ridiculous. This year I'll be on search solely for Rising Tide and maybe Space Jam soundtrack, if it's around. Amazon has been my best friend for purchases online. 3.50 shipping international? C'mon now!

Yeah I accidentally forgot to cancel on a 30-day free Prime trial meaning I got charged for a year's worth but it's actually is a good thing for the time being.

5 minutes ago, andysrobbins said:

I am looking at my new copy now and it is identical to the RSD '15 release. Same copyright, same catalog #, same sticker on the front. No way to tell it's a reissue.

I'm not sure anyone can tell you definitively that your specific copy is a repress or leftover. There is a repress out there though.

25 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I'm not sure anyone can tell you definitively that your specific copy is a repress or leftover.

Especially if the matrix/inner groove markings info on Discogs don't help. That's usually the most definitive: What did the pressing plant say?

1 hour ago, armadillo01 said:

Especially if the matrix/inner groove markings info on Discogs don't help. That's usually the most definitive: What did the pressing plant say?

My take on this is that it's probably a repress using the same plates, so there is essentially no difference in the two pressings. You're right though.

22 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

This guy has already pre-sold 230 individual RSD titles at very high prices:

Ebay Seller with RSD presales

I'm always dumbfounded by how stupid people are who pay the inflated prices on a lot of those titles for preorders.  If they just wait, they'll get them for cost (or lower) on a lot of sites after RSD.  Some of the more "rare" titles this year I kind of understand, but the others will be easy to get.  

Edited by djghost1976