Record Store Day 2017

My local record store just sent me this announcement for RSD

" The Used - Basement Sessions"

"Demos and rarities from the bands personal windows vista laptop found in Quinn's old bedroom"

50 - 180 gram Black with Red "Eyeshadow" smash colored vinyl.

100 - 180 gram "Kelly Ozzborns Pink Dress" colored vinyl

350 - 180 gram "Vomit" colored vinyl.

Only available in Los Angeles stores, online sales will go up at 4:00 in the fucking morning the day after RSD

Priced at $100, $85, and $75 each.

On 2/13/2017 at 11:18 PM, Rottengoth said:

My local record store just sent me this announcement for RSD

" The Used - Basement Sessions"

"Demos and rarities from the bands personal windows vista laptop found in Quinn's old bedroom"

50 - 180 gram Black with Red "Eyeshadow" smash colored vinyl.

100 - 180 gram "Kelly Ozzborns Pink Dress" colored vinyl

350 - 180 gram "Vomit" colored vinyl.

Only available in Los Angeles stores, online sales will go up at 4:00 in the fucking morning the day after RSD

Priced at $100, $85, and $75 each.

possibly the least funny post made in the history of the internet...

i got so excited for a second until i read the post and saw it was just a troll post,  now you owe me a new chair.

On 2/13/2017 at 10:10 AM, Plarocks said:

The "Country Ham" 7-inch came out last year.

It is AZ's 10 year anniversary.

Maybe? 

I would like to see "Felice Navidad"

on vinyl for Black Friday too. ;)

So I checked back on frankiesgun.com and yeah in the forum someone seems to confirm it will happen and has a test press of it. It allegedly will not include the bonus tracks from the 2008 rerelease ("Nowhere New York" and "The Country Is Gone").

I just hope they aren't yankin' my chain! The more Felice Brothers music releases in the world the better!

11 hours ago, Kyte30351 said:

So I checked back on frankiesgun.com and yeah in the forum someone seems to confirm it will happen and has a test press of it. It allegedly will not include the bonus tracks from the 2008 rerelease ("Nowhere New York" and "The Country Is Gone").

I just hope they aren't yankin' my chain! The more Felice Brothers music releases in the world the better!

The original UK press does not have the bonus tracks either.

Would have been nice if they made it a 2 LP, and added the bonus cuts and gave the music plenty of room to "breathe."

Still, it will be nice to have this and not have to pay $100+ to get it.

I will buy one at the local I camp out at, if they have them.

Original cover as well?

12 hours ago, Plarocks said:

The original UK press does not have the bonus tracks either.

Would have been nice if they made it a 2 LP, and added the bonus cuts and gave the music plenty of room to "breathe."

Still, it will be nice to have this and not have to pay $100+ to get it.

I will buy one at the local I camp out at, if they have them.

Original cover as well?

From the post I saw no cover information was given.

10 hours ago, Boourns said:

What's with the lack of leaks this year?

I'd probably say it's down to the boards growing distaste for the day and an attempt to stem the usual tide of members joining up just to gather info only to disappear afterwards. Last year the user responsible for the leaks also got in some trouble for sharing. 

Could also be a garbage year but time will tell....

6 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I'd probably say it's down to the boards growing distaste for the day and an attempt to stem the usual tide of members joining up just to gather info only to disappear afterwards. Last year the user responsible for the leaks also got in some trouble for sharing. 

Could also be a garbage year but time will tell....

Yeah, our evil overlords...

Keep an eye on /r/vinyl or something, you won't get in trouble for talking about it there.

Just got this press release sent to me:

Los Angeles-based CMH RECORDS has announced the release of Pickin' On Nirvana: The Bluegrass Tribute Featuring Iron Horse, the latest installment of their series featuring bluegrass interpretations of influential artists.  Set for a special vinyl Record Store Day first release on April 22 with a digital release to follow April 28, the Nirvana tribute collection continues the tradition CMH began in the 90's with Pickin' On The Beatles. Other artists that have been given the Pickin' On treatment include Grateful Dead, Metallica, Bob Dylan, the Allman Brothers Band, Coldplay, The Black Keys, Jack White, Modest Mouse, The Killers and many more.

Pickin' On Nirvana: The Bluegrass Tribute sees songs by the seminal alternative rockers stripped down to bare bones roots music.  Alabama-based quartet Iron Horse bring their traditional instrumentation and harmonious vocals to bear while tackling Kurt Cobain's wildly influential fusion of melody and discordance.  It all adds up to a collection of renditions that are unlike anything ever heard by fans of bluegrass and Nirvana.

Iron Horse's Ricky Rogers told No Depression, "Most bluegrass groups cover Flatt & Scruggs, The Stanley Brothers, Bill Monroe, etc., because the performance of those songs by other artists are very close to the original compositions.  I prefer the term 'tribute,' because we put a different interpretation on works that are widely recognized in their original form, and our intent is to pay tribute to the original artists' efforts and creations."

Iron Horse's rendition of "Night on the Sun" from Pickin' On's tribute to Modest Mouse was featured prominently in HBO's True Blood; watch here. This past December 2016, their tribute to Metallica, Fade to Bluegrass: A Bluegrass Tribute to Metallica reached #13 on the Billboard Top Bluegrass Albums chart. Check out Iron Horse performing "Enter Sandman" here.

In a recent Los Angeles Times feature on the label, Randall Roberts noted, "The notion of reinterpreting popular music for different genres was initiated when CMH mined its catalog for a themed collection called Pickin' On the Movies.  Pickin' On the Beatles followed, as did a similar tribute to the Eagles.  The brand blew up when Deadheads fell for Pickin' On the Grateful Dead.  The company's best sellers have been able to reach the high five figures."

CMH Records remains dedicated to presenting the finest in bluegrass and roots music, through re-issues of classic material by the greats and stellar recordings from new voices.

Track listing for Pickin' On Nirvana: The Bluegrass Tribute Featuring Iron Horse:
  1. All Apologies
  2. About A Girl
  3. In Bloom
  4. Polly
  5. Drain You
  6. Pennyroyal Tea
  7. Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle
  8. Come As You Are
  9. Sappy
  10. On A Plain
  11. Dumb

1 hour ago, Boourns said:

Wow, nothing worth leaking (yet?), indeed. Unless there's a new St. Vincent release or some epic surprise in the official list, I'll be sitting this year out.

Considering she is the ambassador this year, i'm pretty sure there will be a St. Vincent release

1 hour ago, Boourns said:

Wow, nothing worth leaking (yet?), indeed. Unless there's a new St. Vincent release or some epic surprise in the official list, I'll be sitting this year out.

Considering she is the ambassador this year, i'm pretty sure there will be a St. Vincent release