PO NOW: New Found Glory - "Makes Me Sick"

These guys are sure no strangers to playing full albums live.  Self titled had a tour, Sticks And Stones did...  Too bad the shit went down with Steve the way it did, that was around the 10 year anniversary of Catalyst.  Weren't there rumors of a 10 year tour & a vinyl press?  Maybe that was just wishful thinking.  I still can't believe that album has never been pressed.  What gives?  What are they waiting for?  And what ever happened with Steve, anyways?  That all just seemed to fade away.  I see he's active on Twitter...  Not frequently, but he's on there.  Was he not guilty?  Anyways, I love the full albums at a live show.  To me, for bands that have been around this long, nothing beats hearing the songs that they never play otherwise.

On 4/10/2017 at 0:17 PM, verb1999 said:

These guys are sure no strangers to playing full albums live.  Self titled had a tour, Sticks And Stones did...  Too bad the shit went down with Steve the way it did, that was around the 10 year anniversary of Catalyst.  Weren't there rumors of a 10 year tour & a vinyl press?  Maybe that was just wishful thinking.  I still can't believe that album has never been pressed.  What gives?  What are they waiting for?  And what ever happened with Steve, anyways?  That all just seemed to fade away.  I see he's active on Twitter...  Not frequently, but he's on there.  Was he not guilty?  Anyways, I love the full albums at a live show.  To me, for bands that have been around this long, nothing beats hearing the songs that they never play otherwise.

Attempt #1: Enjoy The Ride Records got approved to press Catalyst, reached out to New Found Glory and Chad (on twitter of all places) not so respectfully declined, stating that labels like Enjoy The Ride were exploiting bands by pressing classic records by other bands and cashing in. 

Attempt #2: At a Chain Reaction show back in 2011, Chad said that Catalyst was going to be pressed by 6131 records, but that day never came. When addressed, they said  licensing costs for a label like 6131 would be unfeasible.

During a Billboard Facebook live-stream, I recently asked if Coming Home / Catalyst would see the light of day anytime soon. They said both are in the works, but it's challenging going through major labels. 

1 hour ago, olopez6919 said:

Attempt #1: Enjoy The Ride Records got approved to press Catalyst, reached out to New Found Glory and Chad (on twitter of all places) not so respectfully declined, stating that labels like Enjoy The Ride were exploiting bands by pressing classic records by other bands and cashing in. 

Since when has that stopped Silly Ross from pressing records?

12 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

Since when has that stopped Silly Ross from pressing records?

I think that was just about the first and last time he tried to do a release like that and notified the band before he had actually sunk money into it. So he backed off knowing that at least some fans would side with the band. Now he waits until the product is basically done and then tells everyone it's ready so when the band complains he can say "I didn't know they were out of the loop, I figured the label told them!".

21 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Been listening and can't make up my mind about how I feel about the album as a whole.  The production on it is amazing.  The songs are definitely New Found Glory...reminds me a little of Radiosurgery but with electronic elements/synths thrown in.  

I feel the same way. It's so synth heavy. It's fun but it's not their best. I really liked Resurrection, particularly the first 5 songs, so I was caught off guard during my first listen. I also really, really like Happy Being Miserable and was expecting that to be indicative of the rest of the album, which it clearly isn't. Hopefully it grows on me.

I think It has some of their most cringe-worthy lyrics yet though.

53 minutes ago, vinny0190 said:

So mixed on this album, but they're doing a release day party/show at my local UO if I buy it there... So... Maybe I'll get it and go to the free show? 

Pretty sure that record release show will just be a short acoustic set. I doubt they'd want to do a full electric set the day after the first of the 3 anniversary shows. But who knows...