Cherry Poppin Daddies - Zoot Suit Riot (20th Anniversary Edition)

I'm not sure how many people are aware of this, but the Cherry Poppin Daddies recently released a 20th anniversary edition of Zoot Suit Riot on silver vinyl. 

From their official announcement: "2017 marks the 20th Anniversary of the release of our seminal, double platinum, worldwide swing smash Zoot Suit Riot, and to commemorate the occasion, we went back into the studio to remix and re-master the entire record from the original 2 inch tapes! We also dug out some vintage 24 track recording of us playing live and ridin' high in 1998 and mixed some of that stuff in to include in a package that will be the definitive, audiophile friendly 20 song version of Zoot Suit Riot. The 20th Anniversary Edition will be available worldwide starting January 13, 2017.

In addition, we will for the first time ever be releasing Zoot Suit Riot on beautiful silver VINYL! The package includes a download card included so you can upload the new mixes to your computer, if you so desire. But why not listen to it on VINYL like the Gods should have intended! We took care not to ham-fistedly compress and over limit this baby so that the full dynamic range of the music (music crafted to actually have dynamics) would shine through."

http://www.daddies.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=73&category=5

Edited by ximperfectx

26 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

I had this on CD as a kid, along with Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and Brian Setzer Orchestra, that being said I still wouldn't pay $25 for this. Some things can stay in the past, but if I see it for like $5 when it inevitably goes to clearance I might change my tune

Same here.  Fellow former band nerd?

I still listen to an embarrassing amount of ska, but that swing revival from 96-97?  It's not that the music was so dated that it couldn't be enjoyed, or that the bands themselves weren't talented, it just permeated into everything.  It was a fad, and a short-lived one at that.

That said, I would buy the shit out of a Squirrel Nut Zippers boxset.

Edited by tdogg241

3 minutes ago, tdogg241 said:

Same here.  Fellow former band nerd?

I still listen to an embarrassing amount of ska, but that swing revival from 96-97?  It's not that the music was so dated that it couldn't be enjoyed, or that the bands themselves weren't talented, it just permeated into everything.  It was a fad, and a short-lived one at that.

That said, I would buy the shit out of a Squirrel Nut Zippers boxset.

I wish I was a band geek but I was in choir haha. Those Zippers records are really hard to come by, but I know someone who picked them all up for a decent price over a period of 2 years.

9 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

I wish I was a band geek but I was in choir haha. Those Zippers records are really hard to come by, but I know someone who picked them all up for a decent price over a period of 2 years.

Ha, I was in every band my school had to offer - marching, pep, jazz, and concert.  If I'm being honest, the ska and swing revivals were what kept me playing trumpet through the end of high school.

I managed to snag bits and pieces of SNZ's vinyl output over the years, but it's cost a pretty penny.  The only ones I still don't have are Perennial Favorites and the live album they did during a short reunion stint about 10 years ago.

They're still one of my favorite bands to listen to on a hot summer night.