PO: THE USED - 'Self Titled' and "In Love and Death' (new colors variants)

tug

the used are releasing a couple more color variants of their 'self titled' and 'in love and death' albums.  apparently they have been release 2 weeks ago but the used only posted about them today so here are your links:

$24 self titled - red/black smash = http://merchnow.com/products/v2/245993/self-titled-redblack-smash-vinyl-2xlp

$24 self titled - milky clear w/ red and black splatter = http://merchnow.com/products/v2/245994/self-titled-milky-clear-with-redblack-splatter-vinyl-2xlp

$18 in love and death - purple in black = http://merchnow.com/products/v2/246086/in-love-and-death-purple-in-black

$18 in love and death - half clear/half black = http://merchnow.com/products/v2/246087/in-love-and-death-half-clearhalf-black

*each is limited to 1,000 copies of each worldwide

Edited by tug

2 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Someone figure the total he spent on all the variants of each record. 

So bare minimum here, if he bought all variants at face value – I'm not going to break it down and really dig into it because it's fucking The Used, but:

S/T retails at $24 a pop.

IL&D sells for $18 a piece.

Taking those prices from above post.  Because I'm lazy we'll assign $21 as a happy median.  There are at least 4 variants each of those, thanks to the represses last year.  So last year alone he dropped approximately $84 on each album before taxes or shipping.  So $168, if I'm not mistaken.  Two more each, today, and that's another $84.  So that's... $252?  Yes?  Two hundred and fifty two dollars before shipping and taxes, on variants for just two Used albums within the last year or so.  And that number is undoubtedly on the modest side of things, if there were Euro exclusives he tracked down or something.

Not even going to bother with however much he may have spent pursuing those elusive colors of Lies for the Liars or whatever else this band tried to churn out after these two albums.  Dude is realistically probably $600 deep in The Used vinyl, if I had to guess.

Let me stop you right now and save you the moral argument of oh geez here we go another VC debate on how to spend money get a load of this guy and his high horse – but it's mostly accepted that he'd be better off accumulating trash.  Just being blunt and probably overly opinionated, but it is what it is.

9 hours ago, Derek™ said:

So bare minimum here, if he bought all variants at face value – I'm not going to break it down and really dig into it because it's fucking The Used, but:

Taking those prices from above post.  Because I'm lazy we'll assign $21 as a happy median.  There are at least 4 variants each of those, thanks to the represses last year.  So last year alone he dropped approximately $84 on each album before taxes or shipping.  So $168, if I'm not mistaken.  Two more each, today, and that's another $84.  So that's... $252?  Yes?  Two hundred and fifty two dollars before shipping and taxes, on variants for just two Used albums within the last year or so.  And that number is undoubtedly on the modest side of things, if there were Euro exclusives he tracked down or something.

Not even going to bother with however much he may have spent pursuing those elusive colors of Lies for the Liars or whatever else this band tried to churn out after these two albums.  Dude is realistically probably $600 deep in The Used vinyl, if I had to guess.

Let me stop you right now and save you the moral argument of oh geez here we go another VC debate on how to spend money get a load of this guy and his high horse – but it's mostly accepted that he'd be better off accumulating trash.  Just being blunt and probably overly opinionated, but it is what it is.

such a cool post from a cool guy. The I'm lazy and not going to bother quotes are my favorite amongst several paragraphs of writing. Who cares.

Edited by kjkenney

9 hours ago, Derek™ said:

good job.  i am at least $252 into these 12 records (6 st, 6 ilad) hopeless records represses.  some sites charged more then merchnow though so prob more like $275 + shipping lets say about $350 for these 12 hopeless records color variants.  and it would be more then $600 for all the used vinyl total.  it would be at least $1,000 if not more...

34 minutes ago, texan4life said:

Shoutout to you @tug, despite all of the crap you get, you still persevere. Keep doing what you do(not this creating new unneeded thread stuff though) Also, I had posted those variants on the original thread, so this thread was completely unnecessary. 

really? i did not even noticed.  good job  *claps*