WTB: Saves The Day - In Reverie / Can't Slow Down

pushbacktosquare

On 2/2/2017 at 1:08 PM, ethereal said:

source?

Again, it could just be LPs that have been in print for awhile (Stay What You Are, Sound the Alarm, etc.), but their recent Alkaline Trio reissues make me think differently. They are definitely pushing records that have been expensive on the aftermarket. Doesn't hurt to wait to buy that $100-plus copy of In Reverie anyways.

I'm pretty confident that In Reverie has been OOP because of the unfortunate timing of its release. It's issuing label Dreamworks Records folded like a year after In Reverie came out and a vinyl repress is likely very low priority for whatever label absorbed Dreamworks back catalogue. It would be very cool if Vagrant somehow got the rights to a repress though!

Dreamworks was absorbed by Geffen, so who knows where it's at, but yeah I agree they should have some pull by now with BMI. The op of In Reverie was Dreamworks and Vagrant though, as opposed to the CD release just being Dreamworks, so I'm sure they have some rights in terms of vinyl? I hope something comes of it, I sold that album when it was worth like $60, but now it's just gotten out of control with aftermarket prices.

I hope so. I'm just speculating based on what I've read about other releases that get buried by their label and how there hasn't already been a repress. It sounds like, sometimes, you inquire about a release and you have the motivation/cash to get the license but the label doesn't want to invest the time on their end. I hope that there is a reissue coming though. In Reverie is the last early Saves the Day record on my wantlist.

2 hours ago, andrewjscholz said:

Again, it could just be LPs that have been in print for awhile (Stay What You Are, Sound the Alarm, etc.), but their recent Alkaline Trio reissues make me think differently. They are definitely pushing records that have been expensive on the aftermarket. Doesn't hurt to wait to buy that $100-plus copy of In Reverie anyways.

Totally unrelated, but has there been any talk of Thrice's catalog?  Missing Beggars and Alchemy