Maximo Park - Risk To Exist - Signed Ltd. Clear /750

31157.jpg

Alternative pop experts Maxïmo Park today announce the forthcoming release of their sixth studio album, ‘Risk To Exist, available on Daylighting/Cooking Vinyl from April 21st.

‘Risk To Exist’ sees Maxïmo Park on blistering form, bringing together their trademark hook-laden melodies and sense of urgency with off-kilter rock, soulful grooves and pop sensibilities. Informed by the dire state of world affairs in 2016 and crumbling political systems, their latest body of work is a vital record for our times.

Frontman Paul Smith says: ‘The album is, ultimately, about empathy. Some songs are simple messages of solidarity and others are fuelled by anger at the elitist, established order of British society. There’s a questioning of power throughout and a feeling that there must be a different way of structuring our society in order to alleviate inequality. Musically, the songs reflect more soulful and groove-based influences, allowing more space in the arrangements than ever before. The central idea is to align great pop melodies with songs that reflect the state of the nation.”

With 1,500,000 albums and four UK Top 10 albums under their belt to date, Maxïmo Park have once again shifted seamlessly into a higher gear. They have expertly crafted an infectious pop album for our time, confronting the crucial issues track by track, one monstrous hook at a time.

https://maximopark.tmstor.es/index.php?page=products&menu=Music

EDIT: That double-post thing seems to be happening again...

Edited by freedumb

I saw that they still had the red version of A Certain Trigger in their store and nearly tripped over myself clicking Add To Cart. Unfortunately their cart system is dumb and didn't state on the product page that it was sold out already. Grr.

Still debating picking up this new one but I haven't followed them since Our Early Pleasures.

8 hours ago, YouTwo said:

I think they've kind of been sticking around in the UK but you never really hear much about them outside the UK.  Do they still "have it"?  I really loved A Certain Trigger when it came out.  

IMHO they've been very hit and miss... A few highlights now and then but not an entire solid album for a while, but that said, like aaalethalenforcer, I haven't followed them very intensively since OEP.

I loved Our Earthly Pleasures, quite liked A Certain Trigger and absolutely love them live as they never disappoint and that's probably why I'm not such a fan of A Certain Trigger because they do those tracks so much better live.

Of the albums after Our Earthly pleasures I have Quicken The Heart and Too Much Information and neither have had much of a play probably becasue they didn't grab me as much as the 1st two so I'll have to remedy that and pick up The National Health somewhere.

Either way £15 for this is a steal so I'm giving it a go, as context on pricing much as I love everything Paul Weller produces the  current represses of his S/T and Wild wood currently retail for £34.99 which is daylight robbery and makes me all the more glad I bought the originals.