Rok Lok Records: 3 New releases!!! (Stars Are Insane, Katrina Stonehart, The Spookfish)

pZTY1p2.jpg

STARS ARE INSANE "DESERT BLUE" LATHE CUT POSTCARD OUT NOW
The desert has become not only a place that I enjoy to spend time hiking and exploring as a individual but as a means of inspiration for life and art. For those of you who have been following Stars Are Insane releases over the last few years I imagine you have noticed the theme reoccurring. And this release is no different-after all it is a postcard! Sending a postcard image of my travels in Death Valley to you, and by way of the song "Desert Blue" it is my hope that you get a sense of what I felt traveling through this wonderful land. "Desert Blue" lathe cut postcard is limited to an edition of 10 and was cut in stereo by Greg over at Bee Vinyl. The front of the this lathe cut postcard features full color artwork of an image that I captured as I descended into Panamint Valley along US-178 and features one track called, "Desert Blue". The reverse side is stamped and reads like a postcard. Each postcard is numbered and housed in a hand stamped envelope in a clear polybag. I apologize in advance for the high cost of this single song release but due to high manufacturing costs there is no other way. But I do strongly believe that you'll agree that it is such a unique item that it is worth it. In fact to prove that Rok Lok has never been about business we are losing money on each copy sold. That all being said "Desert Blue" is a excellent, unique piece to the Stars Are Insane discography. ATTN: buyers Lathe cut records are cut in real time so each record is different from one another in some way with its own unique imperfections at times. TTN: buyers Lathe cut records are cut in real time so each record is different from one another in some way with its own unique imperfections at times. Due to the odd shape of the lathe cut postcard I would only recommend this purchase to those with turntables that have adjustable tone arms.

LISTEN HERE: https://roklokrecords.bandcamp.com/album/desert-blue [roklokrecords.bandcamp.com] » 

STARS ARE INSANE "TO BE HERE" CASSETTE OUT NOW
The ninth full length album, "To Be Here", from long time bedroom music project, Stars Are Insane goes in a completely different direction than the last album, "Pop Industry". Where "Pop Industry" was a document of lo-fi bedroom pop overload, "To Be Here" finds Stars Are Insane in more of reverb soaked, hazy serene back drop. "To Be Here" is a document of reflection, solace and longing, and how those ideas can co-exist but also conflict one another. On this cassette there are 10 songs that mix together elements of bedroom shoegaze, ambient, folk as and post rock/slow-core to create a tapestry of layered sound. The songs on this cassette are similar to the style of songs found on the "When Last We Met" EP which came out on Almost Halloween Records as well as the "Desert Blue" lathe cut postcard. "To Be Here" is limited to an edition of 50 white clam shell cassettes with full color, numbered j-cards and full color printed labels. 

LISTEN HERE: https://roklokrecords.bandcamp.com/album/to-be-here [roklokrecords.bandcamp.com] » 

KATRINA STONEHART + THE SPOOKFISH "S/T" CASSETTE OUT NOW
A few years ago I was fortunate enough to have a release from Katrina Stonehart be a part of the Singles Club Cassette Series as I had become so enamored with the music Drew Gibson had been creating under that moniker for sometime as well as his contributions with Baby Birds Don't Drink Milk. Not much has changed I suppose because, I am ecstatic to have this collaborative effort between Katrina Stonehart and The Spookfish be a part of the Rok Lok discography. The collaborative releases that are present throughout the Katrina Stonehart discography are something that I have always appreciated as not only a fan of the sounds created but the idea but forth in that it really destroys the stigma that gets attached to DIY/bedroom music of this kind, where instead of it being some sort of lonely, borderline anti-social, individual focused foray it really illustrates more of shared creative experience. Personally, it reminds me a lot of my youth when friends and I would have expansive ambient, noise jams just because not only did it feel good to chart sonic territory that wasn't mapped out prior for us, it was simply something that was fun to share together. The collaborative effort while bears resemblances to an artist's individual identity, when done well when the artists ideas converge it ultimately creates something new for all whom participate, and that is the magical prospect that collaboration within the style of music presents to not only the creators but the audience as well. About the music itself that is present on this cassette itself-Katrina Stonehart and The Spookfish two lengthy sides of hypnotic, ambient swirls of pulsating sound on one white clamshell C-45 that is packaged with a full color j-card, typewritten and painted labels limited to an edition of 40. 

LISTEN HERE: https://roklokrecords.bandcamp.com/album/katrina-stonehart-and-the-spookfish [roklokrecords.bandcamp.com] » 

UPCOMING RELEASES: WORLD'S FAIR 12 inch, GRAHAM REPULSKI lathe cut 5 inch, STARS ARE INSANE lathe cut 10 inch and more.

AVAILABLE RELEASES:

(RL116) Stars Are Insane "To Be Here" cassette
(RL115) Stars Are Insane "Desert Blue" lathe cut postcard *2 copies left*
(RL114) Katrina Stonehart + The Spookfish "s/t" cassette
(RL113) Soda Lilies "Love Cemetery Tapes" cassette
(RL112) Blueblack "Destroy" cassette
(RL111) Atariame "Weirdo Goes to the Disco" cassette
(RL110) Nearr "Introduction To..." cassette *2 copies left*
(RL108) Kkidss "Anemia" cassette
(RL107) The Only Ghost In Town "Peculiar Smiles: 2010-2015" cassette
(RL105) Graham Repulski "Success Racist" cassette *5 copies left*
(RL104) Kkidss "Candy" cassette
(RL103) Shivering Window "Days I've Lost b/w Clean Hell" 7 inch
(RL101) Stars Are Insane "Winter Postcard" lathe cut 5 inch *3 copies left*
(RL100) Restaurnaut "Birth" cassette
(RL99) Rayning "Refraction" cassette *3 copies left*
(RL98) Love Letter "Collecting Loss" lathe cut 10 inch *4 copies left*
(RL97) Cestine "Other Half/Bright Encounter" cassette
(RL96) Jan "Let It Ride" cassette *5 copies left*
(RL95) Mormon Toasterhead "Memory/Monument" double cassette
(RL93) Love Letter "Gentle Memories" cassette
(RL92) World's Fair "Leisurely" 12 inch
(RL90) Stars Are Insane "Pop Industry" cassette *5 copies left*
(RL89) Love Letter "It Brought Us Something We Had to Know" cassette *2 copies left*
(RL88) Snow What "So Far So Good" 12 inch
(RL86) The National Park Service "Winter Clothes" cassette
(RL85) Stars Are Insane/Monogamy "split" cassette *2 copies left*
(RL83) White Blush "White Blush" cassette
(RL81) Abandoned Houses "Untitled Spirals" cassette 
(RL79) Imaginary Pants "Channels b/w Seacliff" 7 inch
(RL77) v/a "I Know Why They Call It Pop: Volume 2" cassette *4 copies left*
(RL75) Bare Pale "If It Is" cassette *4 copies left*
(RL73) Dude Japan "Simple Living" cd (reissue w/ bonus tracks)
(RL72) Dude Japan "Will You Meet Me There" cassette/cd *1 copy left of cassette version*
(RL70) Eureka California/Good Grief "split" 7 inch
(RL66) Shivering Window "Singles Club #9" cassette *1 copy left*
(RL65) Katrina Stonehart "Singles Club #8" cassette *1 copy left*
(RL62) Mike Naideau "Singles Club #6" cassette *3 copies left*
(RL61) Hanna Elson "Singles Club #5" cassette *3 copies left*
(RL57) Make It Plain "Somersault" 7 inch
(RL53) Giant Peach "Callous & Strange" 7 inch 
(RL51) Brick Mower "Why Are We Doing This?" 7 inch *9 copies left*
(RL45) Yes Sensei "In Excelsis" cd *6 copies left*
(RL43) Sandy City "Surfin' WA" 12 inch
(RL38) Fellow Project "Boots" 7 inch *5 copies left*
(RL37) Damezumari "Hope Inscribed On Handbills" 7 inch *6 copies left*
(RL34) Marshall Teller/Halftime Parade "split" 7 inch *3 copies left*
(RL33) Yes Sensei "3 Songs" 7 inch *6 copies left*
(RL31) Yes Sensei "s/t" cd
(RL26) On the Might of Princes "The Making of a Conversation" cd
(RL24) BRRR "s/t" 7 inch *1 copy left*
(RL20) Empty Silos Echo War "Inner Working Mechanics of a Failed Construct With Puritan Cement" cd *5 copies left*
(RL19) Imagine If the Sun Fell "s/t" 7 inc *1 copy left*
(RL16) Yes Sensei "We Who Transplant Sustain" cd
(RL15) Yes Sensei "What I Do Best is What I Do Worst" cd
(RL14) End I "s/t" 7 inch *3 copies left*
(RL13) Bookstore "s/t" cd
(RL11) Space Robot Scientists "We've Got a Time Machine" cd
(RL08) v/a "The Hope Machine" cd
(RL07) Stars Are Insane "Anonymously Yours" cassette (reissue)
(RL06) Explosivo! "The Uh Oh EP" cd

Distro Update:

Blueblack "Destroy" cd
Blue Jeans "Songs Are Easy" cd (ex-Veronica Lake)
Knife Pleats "Hat Bark Beach" cd (ex-Tiger Trap, Softies, Go Sailor, etc)
Moon Types "Know the Reason" 7 inch
Nearr "History Repeats Itself" cd

here are some releases the are down to the final copies

last calls:

(RL115) Stars Are Insane "Desert Blue" lathe cut postcard *2 copies left*
(RL110) Nearr "Introduction To..." cassette *1 copy left*
(RL105) Graham Repulski "Success Racist" cassette *5 copies left*
(RL101) Stars Are Insane "Winter Postcard" lathe cut 5 inch *2 copies left*
(RL99) Rayning "Refraction" cassette *2 copies left*
(RL98) Love Letter "Collecting Loss" lathe cut 10 inch *4 copies left*
(RL96) Jan "Let It Ride" cassette *5 copies left*
(RL90) Stars Are Insane "Pop Industry" cassette *4 copies left*
(RL89) Love Letter "It Brought Us Something We Had to Know" cassette *2 copies left*
(RL85) Stars Are Insane/Monogamy "split" cassette *4 copies left*
(RL77) v/a "I Know Why They Call It Pop: Volume 2" cassette *2 copies left*
(RL75) Bare Pale "If It Is" cassette *4 copies left*
(RL72b) Dude Japan "Will You Meet Me There" cassette *1 copy left*
(RL66) Shivering Window "Singles Club #9" cassette *1 copy left*
(RL65) Katrina Stonehart "Singles Club #8" cassette *1 copy left*
(RL62) Mike Naideau "Singles Club #6" cassette *3 copies left*
(RL61) Hanna Elson "Singles Club #5" cassette *3 copies left*
(RL45) Yes Sensei "In Excelsis" cd *5 copies left*
(RL38) Fellow Project "Boots" 7 inch *3 copies left*
(RL37) Damezumari "Hope Inscribed On Handbills" 7 inch *6 copies left*
(RL34) Marshall Teller/Halftime Parade "split" 7 inch *3 copies left*
(RL33) Yes Sensei "3 Songs" 7 inch *4 copies left*
(RL24) BRRR "s/t" 7 inch *1 copy left*
(RL20) Empty Silos Echo War "Inner Working Mechanics of a Failed Construct With Puritan Cement" cd *5 copies left*
(RL19) Imagine If the Sun Fell "s/t" 7 inc *1 copy left*
(RL14) End I "s/t" 7 inch *3 copies left*