PO: SALVATION - Sore Loser LP (/311 on random colors) FFO: Nirvana, Jesus Lizard, Scratch Acid, Metz

I am putting out a new record by the band SALVATION from Chicago. It is very good. The record turned out very cool. The pre-order is open now and it'll ship in a couple weeks. One random order will get a TEST PRESSING included as a bonus (cut-off for that is next Friday, February 10th at midnight CST). Get on it! 

SALVATION - Sore Loser LP

far047splash.jpg

Blending together elements of noise rock, punk, and grunge, Chicago’s SALVATION has cultivated a rare sound that is injected with strikingly inventive vocals and instrumentation. With their 2017 Forge Again Records nine-song debut LP Sore Loser, SALVATION further refines the sound found on their 2015 Cold Slither Tapes release Royal Fucks. Like their previous effort, Sore Loser was recorded completely live, showcasing the band’s raw fervor and painstaking attention to performance perfection and detail. The vocals are raw and commanding, seeming to simultaneously invoke both aggression and agony. The rhythm section remains the strong, sludgy backbone of the album, driving each song forward as the vocals ebb, flow, and meander throughout. Sore Loser was recorded by Joe Gac at Kildare Studios and mastered by Carl Saff with cover art by Smith Smith. The first pressing of the LP is limited to just 311 (jah bless) copies on random colored vinyl. The picture above is merely a sample of some of the crazy colors in there. They all look and sound great, and we can't guarantee you'll get any particular color, but we'll send the craziest and coolest looking ones out to the earliest orders. Oh and one random order will get a TEST PRESSING! The official release date is March 31, 2017 but pre-orders will start shipping in mid-February. You can hear the first track from the album "True Romance" and pre-order the record NOW on Bandcamp! 

Stream/Download/Pre-order:https://forgeagainrecords.bandcamp.com/album/sore-loser

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the orders! Glad you dig it. I'll make sure to hook you up with some of the cooler looking ones and I'll get these bad boys out tomorrow. I keep finding new cool ones and I'm having a hard time not keeping like 20 of them. Haha. 

Stuff gets buried on this board pretty quickly so I thought it'd make sense to bump. Glad I did! Will continue to bump if anything interesting happens - we're gonna do a full album stream premiere deal in the next couple of weeks (official release date is 3/31) and they have midwest/east coast tour dates coming up in April as well. 

On 3/3/2017 at 1:59 PM, forgeagain said:

Thanks for the orders! Glad you dig it. I'll make sure to hook you up with some of the cooler looking ones and I'll get these bad boys out tomorrow. I keep finding new cool ones and I'm having a hard time not keeping like 20 of them. Haha. 

Stuff gets buried on this board pretty quickly so I thought it'd make sense to bump. Glad I did! Will continue to bump if anything interesting happens - we're gonna do a full album stream premiere deal in the next couple of weeks (official release date is 3/31) and they have midwest/east coast tour dates coming up in April as well. 

I've been buying up your releases ever since I discovered the Dope Body/Child Bite split on bandcamp.

8 hours ago, cambionic said:

I've been buying up your releases ever since I discovered the Dope Body/Child Bite split on bandcamp.

I got that same split but it was at a show that both bands played as a release party for it in Chicago back in like 2012. It was awesome. Split is killer. I need to spin it again soon.

20 hours ago, cambionic said:

Much appreciated! Psssst there's a new Child Bite split LP being recorded in like 10 days. Well, their half. The other half was recorded more than a year ago, and the band has since released another new full length! I guess, to be fair, so did Child Bite.  

12 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

I got that same split but it was at a show that both bands played as a release party for it in Chicago back in like 2012. It was awesome. Split is killer. I need to spin it again soon.

That show was insanely weird. Shawn had fucked up his hand the night before, and they played at like 1 AM then went straight back to Detroit the same night. But it was good nonetheless. Mortville was neat. 

11 hours ago, yeah_totally said:

Ryan from Off With Their Heads played a song from these guys on one of the recent episodes of his podcast. Super into it, will pick up for sure.

Nice, which podcast is that? Will have to check it out! 

2 hours ago, yeah_totally said:

It's called Anxious and Angry. Episode 147, towards the beginning of the show.

Awesome, will have to check it out. A Belgian podcast spun it recently too, but as I only really speak English and a little bit of Spanish, I have no idea what they say about it. Haha. 

Got my copy today, it looks like a nice icy blue. Gonna clean it and spin it tonight or tomorrow.

Side note: The download won't allow for the whole album until the 31st. Is there any way to get the whole thing digitally now or do I have to wait?

Nvm got an email with the full download

Edited by DOMAN127

On 3/14/2017 at 7:19 PM, DOMAN127 said:

Got my copy today, it looks like a nice icy blue. Gonna clean it and spin it tonight or tomorrow.

Side note: The download won't allow for the whole album until the 31st. Is there any way to get the whole thing digitally now or do I have to wait?

Nvm got an email with the full download

Weird, I thought with the DL code, you could download it all instantly? Did you get that email from Bandcamp? 

37 minutes ago, forgeagain said:

Weird, I thought with the DL code, you could download it all instantly? Did you get that email from Bandcamp? 

The instant download said it only gave me two tracks for the pre-order so I didn't try to download it. It might have been the whole thing and I misinterpreted it. Regardless, I have it now!

21 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

The instant download said it only gave me two tracks for the pre-order so I didn't try to download it. It might have been the whole thing and I misinterpreted it. Regardless, I have it now!

Yeah, the DL code that was packaged with the LP should have let you DL the whole thing. The pre-order thing only lets you have those tracks until the rest is released shortly. 

On 3/19/2017 at 6:19 PM, hexrecords said:

This looks rad.  Forge Again is a solid record label and has consistently put out interesting and cool bands.  Will be checking out soon.

Thanks! Always good to hear it! Hope you dig it. Full album stream will happen soon! Also Salvation is going on tour in like 2 weeks. I will compile those dates and get em up on here for y'all. Headed to the east coast and back, so hopefully some of you live out there and can check them out because they rule live. 

19 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

I saw on Facebook that Pittsburgh is one of those cities so I'm excited. I'll bring some friends and turn them onto the band.

They actually need some help finding something in Pittsburgh still (which I just found out). If you can help, get in touch with them! Same goes for the other dates. Facebook tour event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1099952056783703/

Here are the dates:

April 3 - Chicago @ Liars Club
April 4 - Grand Rapids @ TBD
April 5 - Detroit, MI @ PJ's Lager House w/Cockhorse, Stools
April 6 - NEED HELP (Ohio? Pittsburgh?)
April 7 - Burleigh, NJ @ Chalkzone SJ w/Candy Ambulance, Mumblr, Shambles, Swooncellar
April 8 - NEED HELP (NY state, New England?)
April 9 - Brooklyn, NY @ TBD w/Vat of Acid
April 10 - Philadelphia, PA @ Century w/The Cloth, Cannons, Heavy Medical
April 11 - NEED HELP (Pittsburgh? Ohio?)
April 12 - Cincinnati, OH @ Northside Yacht Club w/Smut, Clouded