Out Now: Reel Big Fish - Turn the Radio Off (Sony/Mojo, single LP)

I just bought one cuz I'm an audio snob.  As you may recall the Enjoy the Ride pressing was 2 LP at 45rpm... but sourced from vanilla CD quality audio.  In spite of their efforts it's not going to top having a better master source available.  As you can see in the pic this is authorized by Sony Legacy and has a good possibility of better audio and master preparation  (Sony Legacy releases have been top notch in the last few years, IMHO).

MC007-5.jpg

http://fishmarket.reel-big-fish.com/product_p/mc007.htm

I don't get this.

No announcement, no preorder.  Discogs info says available on their website and at their shows.  I went to three shows last year, and was told by their merch guy that he doubted this would get repressed again, including at a show as late as October.

Looks like the only option for getting from their website is $27.75 ppd for a single LP...dammit.

I'm seeing them on Saturday (for about the bazillionth time).  If they have this, I'll probably snag one.

Edit: Also, with this being a more official pressing from the label itself, this give me hope that their other albums will get pressed someday too!

Edited by tdogg241

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Yeah $50 is a bit much.

Not that I'm  trying to justify labels charging more because the aftermarket demand is high, but I guess if you're really in the market for a copy of this it beats paying $200+ on ebay/discogs lol.

I have a copy of the original press. Do I sell and jump on this? 
EDIT: Never mind. Seems they crammed this all on a single LP. I'll stick with the original 2xLP. 

Edited by kylet

19 minutes ago, kylet said:

Not that I'm  trying to justify labels charging more because the aftermarket demand is high, but I guess if you're really in the market for a copy of this it beats paying $200+ on ebay/discogs lol.

I have a copy of the original press. Do I sell and jump on this? 
EDIT: Never mind. Seems they crammed this all on a single LP. I'll stick with the original 2xLP. 

Oh I get it. That mentality is the source of my user name. I just can't see paying that for a Reel Big Fish album. They're fun, but I'm not a giant fan.

Edited by Fowty Dollaz