PO Soon: The Vinyl Collective Story

My favorite band hasn't started recording their latest album, but that hasn't stopped the label from putting up pre-orders. Since I have to keep my collection complete I went ahead and ordered the mega bundle with the tour meet and greet so I can also get them signed. 

Even though the realease date is a little over a year from now I am sure the record will have delays and won't be available for months after the street date. The record will be warped (actually my record player is garbage so the slightest defect will greatly affect sound quality) so I will need to send it back at least three times costing the label postage each time. I will also complain that the color isn't identical to the mockup. 

When I finally get a playable copy I will get a parking ticket and need to sell the record. 

But im a huge fan of the band and label and will support them no matter what. 

1 minute ago, rooks said:

I haven't gotten shipping notification yet but I ordered over 30 minutes ago.... has anyone else gotten shipping info? I'm thinking I give them another 15 minutes before I send another email to their Customer Service and complain.

Make sure to contact them on Facebook and Twitter and text the owner. He usually responds to texts quicker. 

Just now, Tidal Wave said:

Make sure to contact them on Facebook and Twitter and text the owner. He usually responds to texts quicker. 

I already tweeted them 5 times. I saw them retweet someone else so I know they are online. I guess they just don't care about their customers. Really disappointing. They don't charge until it ships so I guess I'll keep my order for now, but I'm going to be emailing them every day until I hear back.

2 minutes ago, Mars said:

Does anyone know if they charge now or when it ships?  I really want this, but I may need to sell a few of the things I really wanted last year to afford it.

I  need to know this too. I really need to feed my family this month and I don't get paid until the day before this is supposed to ship.  If they charge before it ships I probably won't make rent... I'm willing to take the chance because I NEED this record and I absolutely love this band. But, if anyone finds out for sure let me know ASAP. Thanks dudes!

Hey guys, long time lurker, just started posting. Anyway, I missed out on the SUPER COOL, RAREST blue and white splatter on green and red color-in-color, and none of the other variEnts will do for me. I was hoping somebody here would be cool and hook me up with theirs if they don't like the album. Thanks!

I got the black variant which was also the rarest because the label knew that most people wouldn't touch that variant with a ten foot pole but still wanted to produce the color so they went with /50 and before people could realize it was rarer than the splatter /150 I scooped one up.

in b4 the lockz.

Edited by mcpherson123

1 minute ago, mcpherson123 said:

I got the black variant which was also the rarest because the label knew that most people wouldn't touch that variant with a ten foot pole but still wanted to produce the color so they went with /50 and before people could realize it was rarer than the splatter /150 I scooped one up.

I didn't care that it was out of /50.   I just prefer black vinyl. I don't necessarily think black vinyl sounds best in every scenario.  I really just like the way it looks and I like to own newly released music record album titles on black vinyl, preferably thinner, non 180-gram vinyl as well.  I like the look and feel of it. 

• jhulud locked this topic