Taken from www.elusive-sound.com   (look at those variants!!!  Not mockups!)

Berne, Switzerland, February 10, 2017: Elusive Sound is very proud to announce the release of Au Revoir’s “Veles” on vinyl in Europe.
Pre-orders start Friday, February 17 at 20:00 Zurich time. Official release date March 3, 2017.

Au Revoir are a heavy expansive instrumental rock five-piece from New Jersey. The band now consisting of Eric Annicchiarico, Tyler Mandich and Gregg Peterson on guitar, Carl Kranz on bass and Tyler Gilbert on drums have an exceptional ability to create sublime, expansive soundscapes and hypnotic crushing doom.

After two solid releases in “In the Key Of Night” (2012) and “Black Hills” (2013) Au Revoir went into Backroom Studios with the intent of their next album sounding as huge as they do live. They have at long last not only accomplished that with Scot Moriarty but also produced an absolute stunner of an ever-evolving concept album that we immediately embraced and were determined to release in Europe.

Au Revoir have reformed themselves as a huge serpent, coiling tightly around the roots that lead us into the wet underworld of Veles. It is not only a world of wet grassy plains and eternal spring but one where we find ourselves in the deepest of caverns, watched over by the ghosts of the dead, awaiting impending doom. Veles is richly bleak with decadence but the listener never succumbs or falls prey. He watches the ground ripple like water and feels an irresistable urge to be lost in Veles’ violent sway.

Au Revoir have shed their old skin and are now full-bodied and in constant transformation, reborn as a lethally charged bringer of chaos. Veles unveils the descent of man into utter misery. When one stands and contemplates his fate, the troubles that have fallen, looks back at the path they have taken to reach their end, surrendering to their undoing by taking one last breath and bracing themselves for the full force of impact, as the water comes rushing over.

The LP features stunning full artwork by Dylan Partridge and will be released on two high quality Gatefold coloured variants, Transmigration limited to 150 copies and Rebirth limited to 100 copies, featuring an additional numbered art-print by Dylan Partridge. Both variants will be sold via our official label website shop at http://elusive-sound.com/catalog/

Veles-Mock-Up_2-Homepage.jpeg

Edited by Gumbo72203

On 2/11/2017 at 8:26 PM, HoneyFrosted said:

Gonna have to go with Derek on this one. I read the entire write-up twice, but I had to go to the bandcamp link and see that some guy called it post rock to know that it was post rock. 

So you're saying it's not quite so obvious what kind of music they play?  Fair enough...  I mean I know that Elusive Sound does post-rock/post-metal kind of things, but that's probably good info for the label people to know. 

On 2/11/2017 at 11:04 PM, Bladewillisisdead said:

Their song on the split with Tyler Daniel Bean is dope as fuck, but that's the extent of my knowledge. Those variants are cool enough that I'd hop on it for a blind buy if I had extra cash at the moment.

yeah this album isn't in my tops, but it does have some REALLY good moments.  The last 2 tracks, especially (for me).  They're a unique band....  give them a look, it's very interesting stuff.  Posting because I'm buddies with the guys who run the label and they're hardcore post-rock fans and go absolutely crazy with these releases.  Truly pieces of art, the whole thing.  Which is why I love what they do.

4 minutes ago, Sasan said:

Sad that this as well as the Glasir are released on that label...those prices are ass

Agreed, I might cancel my order.  I think the logical part of my brain was taking a dump at the time of checkout, just now realized this only a 1LP.

4 minutes ago, Sasan said:

Sad that this as well as the Glasir are released on that label...those prices are ass

Agreed, I might cancel my order.  I think the logical part of my brain was taking a dump at the time of checkout, just now realized this only a 1LP.

2 hours ago, Sasan said:

They put a lot into the production.  Some people just want simple, no-frills releases with no bells and whistles.  For better or worse, that is not what they do.  I wish they were cheaper as well but the product they put out is definitely in line with what they ask. 

2 hours ago, MicLima said:

I mean, do what you want...  but I've got everything they've put out so far, and when you get it in your hands you definitely like "Yeah...  yeah this was worth it" haha.  Part of the shitty thing is the shipping from Switzerland.  That basically doubles the price. 

I'm trying to work on a group-buy...  and the Thousand Arms Distro might get some copies, so...  don't lose hope yet. 

On the one hand, I don't understand their pricing...I mean there's a single LP die 19.99€, one for 24.99€, one for 28.99€...

they look great and I bet they put a lot of effort and passion into their releases + low pressing Numbers lead to higher costs per item...But this inconsistency in pricing is what I don't get. 

Those shipping prices are the dot on the ass-i!

Edited by Sasan

4 hours ago, Sasan said:

On the one hand, I don't understand their pricing...I mean there's a single LP die 19.99€, one for 24.99€, one for 28.99€...

they look great and I bet they put a lot of effort and passion into their releases + low pressing Numbers lead to higher costs per item...But this inconsistency in pricing is what I don't get. 

Those shipping prices are the dot on the ass-i!

Yeah the Swiss shipping fucking suuuuucks.  There's just no way around that, for whatever reason.  I think the pricing difference comes from the added artwork and their costs to get all the fancy embossing and whatnot they do for the extra heavy-stock prints.  They print everything on real high-quality stock, and the inking and foiling is always top notch.  So, yeah... I donno. 

5 hours ago, Sasan said:

Yeah, the shipping costs they show (to Germany) are higher than shipping from the US to Germany...

That can't be correct.....     I'm asking about that now!  I know it's like 18euros to ship from them to me, which sucks, and which is why I try to organize group-buys so we can get at least some kind of a break.  I know they hardly make any money off these releases anyway, because of all the extra stuff they put in.  Pretty sure they commissioned some artwork for the Glasir EP too, which would factor into their overhead. 

But whenever you get something of theirs, you'll see...  it's worth the money.  Their product is pretty unrivaled as far as my experience goes.