University Project

Hi,

I am currently in my final year at Teesside University and doing my major project.

It is based around the current vinyl resurgence and I am currently in the research stage. The project is to incorporate a turntable and other equipment into a piece of

furniture. I am hoping to include all of the required equipment into this product to create a centrepiece in the home/living room that can be used daily.

Does this product sound like it would be something that would get used, or a viable option to someone with limited space for a full audio set up?

Also what other features could this include alongside the capability of playing Vinyl records?

All comments will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Some of the general ideas have been either a coffee table or a side table or a sort of side cabinet. The basic idea is that the user may not have the 'shelf space' to have a turntable set up out permanently but they would like it to be so with it being integrated but on show, it could be enjoyed but not at risk of being damage.

12 minutes ago, PeterSawyer said:

Some of the general ideas have been either a coffee table or a side table or a sort of side cabinet. The basic idea is that the user may not have the 'shelf space' to have a turntable set up out permanently but they would like it to be so with it being integrated but on show, it could be enjoyed but not at risk of being damage.

http://bfy.tw/A56k

project is done

8 minutes ago, museummouth said:

If you don't have shelf space for a turntable why would you even collect vinyl. 

It is supposed to be a statement piece, it's not literally a shelf. If a person has a vinyl collection and moves into a smaller home they may not want to throw away their collection. The product is for the equipment not storing the records.

12 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

http://bfy.tw/A56k

project is done

integrated?

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

here we go again

tumblr_mieetjFMkP1rotgq6o3_250.gif

really helpful......

thanks

15 minutes ago, PeterSawyer said:

It is supposed to be a statement piece, it's not literally a shelf. If a person has a vinyl collection and moves into a smaller home they may not want to throw away their collection. The product is for the equipment not storing the records.

integrated?

really helpful......

thanks

Integrated?

how dense are you?

a record player console is a piece of furniture with a record player built into. These have been in existence for conservatively 60 years. 

I bought one from goodwill for $15 a couple years ago. 

This is for my major project and I am looking for constructive comments to aid in the project. Someone could still have a reasonable floor space so to incorporate this into a furniture piece could allow for it to have more than one use.

I am not looking to design a record player console, this piece would be bought containing all of the components required to play records. Not for you to but and insert the components yourself.

2 minutes ago, PeterSawyer said:

This is for my major project and I am looking for constructive comments to aid in the project. Someone could still have a reasonable floor space so to incorporate this into a furniture piece could allow for it to have more than one use.

I am not looking to design a record player console, this piece would be bought containing all of the components required to play records. Not for you to but and insert the components yourself.

http://bfy.tw/A59s

what don't you understand ?