PO NOW: LINKIN PARK - One More Light (May 19th)

So kinda thinkin I'm a loser now since no ones posted this yet lol But i guess I somewhat care about this band still, so here goes. 

New LINKIN PARK album dropping May 19th - "One More Light". Pre-orders up here: http://linkinpark.warnerbrosrecords.com/

lp_vinylproduct.png

Big bundle doesn't seem half bad but also not thrilled with new single either. Idk it may grow on me..

7 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

So kinda thinkin I'm a loser now since no ones posted this yet lol But i guess I somewhat care about this band still, so here goes. 

New LINKIN PARK album dropping May 19th - "One More Light". Pre-orders up here: http://linkinpark.warnerbrosrecords.com/

lp_vinylproduct.png

Big bundle doesn't seem half bad but also not thrilled with new single either. Idk it may grow on me..

I'm not ashamed to admit I like some of Linkin Park's older stuff - but what the fuck is that new song?   Jesus.

Just now, djghost1976 said:

I'm not ashamed to admit I like some of Linkin Park's older stuff - but what the fuck is that new song?   Jesus.

I know its pretty horrible. I remember when A Thousand Suns came out, I was very jilted by the new sound and Chester's plethora of clean/soulful vocals. But eventually I realized those were some really well written songs, and the electronic parts I really enjoyed. 

But this? Just extremely mainstream pop... :mellow:

*Sigh*

*Puts on Meteora and jams*

I've liked LP since HT.  I'm one of those who actually really liked A Thousand Suns, but I do think things have been going downhill since that. The song-writing has become more and more sloppy, and this new song is, in my opinion, one of the worst songs they have ever made. A generic pop song that sounds like everything else on the radio. I'm definitely not gonna pre-order this record. I will check out when it's released, but that is about it. Thanks, but no thanks Linkin Pop.

11 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I'm just befuddled that anyone in this thread was expecting anything other than pure trash from Linkin Park in 2017.  Like it's blowing my mind right now.

Just like the new single, we're all "Holding On" to the good 'ol days when they made amazing music.  I'm not expecting them to put out anything worth a damn anymore, but my middle school self still wishes they would.  

There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface
Consuming, confusing
This lack of self control I fear is never ending
Controlling
I can't seem
To find myself again
My walls are closing in
(Without a sense of confidence I'm convinced
That there's just too much pressure to take)
I've felt this way before
So insecure

51 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I'm just befuddled that anyone in this thread was expecting anything other than pure trash from Linkin Park in 2017.  Like it's blowing my mind right now.

If that really blows your mind then you should have a look at the comment section on Facebook and Youtube, oh man that is amusing. There is still some people who compare their nowadays music to Hybrid Theory and Meteora, some people still expect that one day they will go back to Nu-metal sound. That blows my mind. 

Anyways, this track must be really boring to play live. Half of the members will have to leave the stage or just sit and stare. It actually sounds like a song that should have been on a Kiiara album and not the other way around.