Third Man Records Pressing Plant Exclusive Vinyl

Guys - we have a racist, misogynist president put in place by a foreign power who's abolishing the first amendment and actively seeks to close our borders. 

I think we have better things to do than get hostile with follow record collectors over the latest Third Man variants.

Find something new to bitch about for fucks sake. He isn't  killing anyone, just trying to make a buck. It's called opportunity.  Supply and demand. Basic economics. 

Flipping fucking happens and will for the rest of time. Just because it's higher than you can afford, doesn't make him an asshole. @stl_ben keep doing you.

deal with it. 

And I can GUARANTEE at least one of you people bitching about it have done it. 

Edited by Satan

47 minutes ago, Sh_tluck said:

2 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

What a gross exaggeration in response to a complaint that I never followed up on

Who exactly would you follow up with?

I mean your babysitter and public defender is already here on your behalf and I doubt your high school math teacher cares about variants.

Hell maybe this is a good school project for you to bring to economics and they can explain how supply and demand works.  Maybe go as far to show you the world is built on profit.

18 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

I mean yeah but only like two asked in the thread. It's kinda a VC thing to kindly ask for someone to help them out and only half expect anyone to come through.

And you should know better. These are YOUR expectations, not everyones. With this way of thinking - good luck in the real world and when you grow up.

A dose of reality for ya there, kid.

If you want something, pay for it. Don't bitch about it. You'll learn. 

Save those pennies!

Edited by Satan

I have helped some people out on VC and have been helped. I guess my suggestion to people bitching is help out as many people here as you can and maybe the favor will be returned. I put out a request for the Stooges and MC5 and didn't get them. I wasn't surprised. If I had helped out one of the people who went then I would have a reason to be upset. Other than that, most of us have sold records for more than we paid. It really isn't a big deal. It's a bummer people get so pissed about it. Bottom line is start helping out other folks in the "community" and build up your favors owed. I know a lot of you do just that.

IF these records didn't instantly increase in value bY 5x the original amount would anyone be bitching about not getting them?  Asking someone to hook up a stranger with something like that is kind of ridiculous, how would someone know if you'd flip it or not, it would be like just giving someone $100 just to because they post on the same board.  I wonder if Ben would be getting as much shit if everyone's discogs or eBay profiles were public on here. 

1 minute ago, apirk said:

IF these records didn't instantly increase in value bY 5x the original amount would anyone be bitching about not getting them?  Asking someone to hook up a stranger with something like that is kind of ridiculous, how would someone know if you'd flip it or not, it would be like just giving someone $100 just to because they post on the same board.  I wonder if Ben would be getting as much shit if everyone's discogs or eBay profiles were public on here. 

Exactly. 

I help people, but only people I know and trust. We may have not had deals made in the past, but there's been respect for said person because of the board. Its a two way street. 

these idiots who think that they're owed something because of "the boards, so they must be my friend" are ludicrous.

Yeah, this whole thing is ridiculous honestly. Sure, it sucks seeing stuff you wanted listed at inflated prices since I also wanted a few of the items but thinking there is some deep trust loyalty thing going on just because we are members of the same board is just as ridiculous really. For stl_ben specifically, I just recently seen a thread of his in the sale section where he was selling a bunch of stuff at the lowest prices I had ever seen any of them before.

Either visit the plant yourself next time like him or pay the premium of not attending like the other thousands of people who also want these same releases and were not able to go. "Flipping" has been going on in literally every single field possible since as far back as I can remember and it is not going to stop anytime soon. Request a copy and if you do not get it, get over it and move on. It sucks but it is not worth a huge worthless internet fight.

On a non-flipping question, how was The Mummies performance?

2 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

Who exactly would you follow up with?

By that I meant I didn't really add more to it than "ugh that sucks" and that VC'ers sometimes help each other out and didn't this time. That was it. Y'all are blowing this shit way out of proportion. I don't think I'm owed anything I seriously just basically said it sucks. I'm already over it dude. 

Add me to the list of people who think it's absolutely absurd to expect an stranger on the internet to help you out, if it happens that's awesome but you certainly can't expect it. If I know something is instantly going to increase in value and I can buy two copies you better believe I'm going to buy an extra copy for trade or to make some money.

I've "flipped" records and I've bought records for flipped prices. I got unlucky with this and ended up having to pay more than retail ($515 shipped for all 8 records) but I was comfortable with that price.  I've also helped friends out and they have helped me. Do what you are comfortable with and let other people do what they want. This isn't anything essential to life or anything even mildly important, it's just records. 

Edited by JustSchwimmer

8 minutes ago, richardsurf said:

We all remember the day we sold a stranger our 4th copy of a record at cost only for them to flip it themselves hours later. We remember it because it was the last day we trusted another person. Never again.

I stopped trusting people the day I gave a kid at school my last Hi-C Ecto Cooler for the promise of a Pacific Cooler Capri Sun the next day. 

Damn you little Timmy Henderson. Damn you to hell. 

48 minutes ago, ethereal said:

this whole thread started as a pick-up request, not surprised at all with the outcome.

Do you have a library card? Because I’m checking you out.

Are you a parking ticket? (What?) You’ve got fine written all over you.

Baby, somebody better call God, ’cause he’s missing an angel!

Did it hurt? (Did what hurt?) when you fell from heaven.

Did the sun come out or did you just smile at me?

Baby, you must be a broom, ’cause you just swept me off my feet.

Do you know karate? ‘Cause your body is really kickin’.

Hey, I lost my phone number … Can I have yours?

Hi, I’m Mr. Right. Someone said you were looking for me.

Are your feet tired? ‘Cause you’ve been running through my mind all day.

Are you from Tennessee? ‘Cause your the only ten I see.

Do you have a map? I just keep on getting lost in your eyes.

If I said you had a great body, would you hold it against me?

You are so sweet you are giving me a toothache.

You’re like a dictionary, you add meaning to my life.

If I received a nickel for every time I saw someone as beautiful as you, I’d have five cents.

Did you have lucky charms for breakfast? Because you look magically delicious!

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put U and I together.

I hope you know CPR, because you take my breath away!

Hi, did your license get suspended for driving all these guys crazy?

Was that an earthquake or did u just rock my world?

I may not be a genie but I can make your dreams come true.

I hope there’s a fireman around, cause you’re smokin’!

If beauty were time, you’d be an eternity.

I have never had a dream come true until the day that I met you.

50 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Do you have a library card? Because I’m checking you out.

Are you a parking ticket? (What?) You’ve got fine written all over you.

Baby, somebody better call God, ’cause he’s missing an angel!

Did it hurt? (Did what hurt?) when you fell from heaven.

Did the sun come out or did you just smile at me?

Baby, you must be a broom, ’cause you just swept me off my feet.

Do you know karate? ‘Cause your body is really kickin’.

Hey, I lost my phone number … Can I have yours?

Hi, I’m Mr. Right. Someone said you were looking for me.

Are your feet tired? ‘Cause you’ve been running through my mind all day.

Are you from Tennessee? ‘Cause your the only ten I see.

Do you have a map? I just keep on getting lost in your eyes.

If I said you had a great body, would you hold it against me?

You are so sweet you are giving me a toothache.

You’re like a dictionary, you add meaning to my life.

If I received a nickel for every time I saw someone as beautiful as you, I’d have five cents.

Did you have lucky charms for breakfast? Because you look magically delicious!

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put U and I together.

I hope you know CPR, because you take my breath away!

Hi, did your license get suspended for driving all these guys crazy?

Was that an earthquake or did u just rock my world?

I may not be a genie but I can make your dreams come true.

I hope there’s a fireman around, cause you’re smokin’!

If beauty were time, you’d be an eternity.

I have never had a dream come true until the day that I met you.

And the ever-classic: "Hey, let's have sex."