PO: At The Drive In - in.ter a.li.a (release date 5 may)

14 hours ago, Sanspants said:

How was it? Did they have the new record for sale by any chance? I'm seeing them on Saturday. Can't wait.

Despite the short set length (about 1h15m), it was still great. Finally got to cross them off the list after 17 years.

No records or any other kind of music for sale, just clothing and I think stickers?

Brought my OG copies of De-Loused and Frances and they got beer spilled on them, so that sucked. Got Cedric and Omar to sign them afterwards, so that kind of made up for it. They're not in perfect condition, but at least now they have character.

Seeing them tomorrow and Wednesday as well!

Edited by voltagedrop

4 minutes ago, voltagedrop said:

Brought my OG copies of De-Loused and Frances and they got beer spilled on them, so that sucked. Got Cedric and Omar to sign them afterwards, so that kind of made up for it. They're not in perfect condition, but at least now they have character.

I always bring a mailer in a drawstring bag to avoid this + protect any records I buy from the merch stand

23 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I always bring a mailer in a drawstring bag to avoid this + protect any records I buy from the merch stand

Yeah I usually keep them in outer sleeves, but of course the one time I didn't, shit happens.

My fault for being dumb, but that's the way it goes sometimes. I look at them now and can still smell the beer and the stains and I'm alright with that. It bothered me for about a minute, then I realized that not everything has to be perfect to be enjoyable (ask anyone who bought Mondo's release of Fight Club). Probably would never sell them anyway, so not too concerned about the decreased resale value or whatever.

Cedric and Omar were nice and seemed genuinely pleased to sign them. At the end of the day (it was below freezing and I waited almost two hours), them taking the time to do that is what I'm gonna remember most.

Rock and roll I guess!

59 minutes ago, voltagedrop said:

Despite the short set length (about 1h15m), it was still great. Finally got to cross them off the list after 17 years.

No records or any other kind of music for sale, just clothing and I think stickers?

Seeing them tomorrow and Wednesday as well!

Dude that's awesome! How'd you manage that? Waited around inside the venue or out back? 

I've been trying to get Omar to sign my Frances for a good while now, taking it to Bosnian rainbows shows, orlg, antemasque, no dice...

2 hours ago, hxcoliver said:

Dude that's awesome! How'd you manage that? Waited around inside the venue or out back? 

I've been trying to get Omar to sign my Frances for a good while now, taking it to Bosnian rainbows shows, orlg, antemasque, no dice...

Froze my balls off waiting a couple hours behind the venue near the tour bus. Omar was literally the final one to leave.

2 hours ago, voltagedrop said:

Froze my balls off waiting a couple hours behind the venue near the tour bus. Omar was literally the final one to leave.

Damn that's awesome. So worth it. I'm trying to catch them this tour in LA , hopefully I can get him to sign my album. His is the only one I'm missing as far as what's credited on the album as being "The Mars Volta" (aside from ikey which sadly will never happen...) 

27 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

That's because you are probably an adult and have adult friends who dont bring a backpack to shows 

I don't see an issue with it but thanks for your input...? 

And a drawstring is small and thin so it's pretty different than having an enormous backpack in the pit. I've seen other adults do it too, quit singling me out for my age, it's becoming tired.

On 3/24/2017 at 5:36 PM, hxcoliver said:

Damn that's awesome. So worth it. I'm trying to catch them this tour in LA , hopefully I can get him to sign my album. His is the only one I'm missing as far as what's credited on the album as being "The Mars Volta" (aside from ikey which sadly will never happen...) 

Good luck, it seems like a crapshoot on when he will do it. Last night in Boston he just walked straight from the venue to the bus acknowledging the people waiting but without stopping.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...