PO: At The Drive In - in.ter a.li.a (release date 5 may)

On 5/8/2017 at 1:42 PM, Plarocks said:

What is the barcode on your copy?

I would love to find one of those "clear with purple splatter" copies as well, if you ever find out the barcode. 

I keep getting different numbers when I google search it.

816715020505 is on the sticker on the shrink of my purple/purple splatter copy, different code on the jacket.

Saw them play last night in Los Angeles.  Great show!  There is nothing at their merch table that you can't buy online, except for maybe the screen printed poster that was signed by the band.  $75 was too steep for me.  They had vinyl but is the half white / half black with white spatter.  I already have a few other variants so I passed on that too.  The show was just like the previous guy in this post stated.  Half new, half old.

Edited by jaredisburning

Regretfully, got the UO exclusive simply because it was the only place I knew to get the black variant. Listened to this once on Saturday and at this point, I'm going to have to give it at least an 80% on the material. There are times where Cedric sounds like I/C/O era and a the first track includes one big obvious off key vocal note that really helps bring this band back to the garage which I like. There were plenty of times where his voice was shouted and broke up like on ROC. I was expecting he was just going to get very melodic and smooth like he became capable of via TMV which doesn't really fit the original ATDI aesthetic. I'm going to have to listen a few more times to know how to grade the production but it didn't come off as being as over polished as I expected it would be. I can really hear how Omar said in an interview that they wanted to bar having overdubs on parts. He said everyone was asked to pick their parts for the live recording and that would have to be their contribution. No endless overdubs of new layers of new music on top of the original live tracking. I'm really glad they did that. It makes the album feel more raw. There are some parts where Cedric is clearly having to overdub to do his own call and response vocals and that takes away from what Omar was working toward but overall the whole idea behind the album works better than I anticipated. 

On May 13, 2017 at 3:01 PM, Vinyl Fury said:

816715020505 is on the sticker on the shrink of my purple/purple splatter copy, different code on the jacket.

Thanks for posting. :)

Found one of these at Plan 9 in Richmond. It was one of the two I wanted. 

They had one more, and a couple Black/Bone copies if anyone is looking.

Edited by Plarocks

On 15.5.2017 at 8:19 AM, mcpherson123 said:

Regretfully, got the UO exclusive simply because it was the only place I knew to get the black variant.

Could it be the regular black variant is EU exclusive? I know of at least two EU mailorders which advertise it as that (EMP + finestvinyl). Or is the black variant regularly available outside of the EU as well?

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, mucusoffmybrain said:

Has anyone heard of ATDI canceling the rest of the tour or any other dates? I noticed a charge back on my CC for the Chicago show and now the show is showing as cancelled in my ticketmaster account.

They cancelled the Chicago date because they were offered to play Riot Fest. Playing the fest of course comes with a clause that they can't perform within a certain distance from Chicago for a two or three month period. Assuming they were going to make much more from the Riot Fest offer than the ticket sales.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, mucusoffmybrain said:

Has anyone heard of ATDI canceling the rest of the tour or any other dates? I noticed a charge back on my CC for the Chicago show and now the show is showing as cancelled in my ticketmaster account.

1 hour ago, GhostTrail said:

They cancelled the Chicago date because they were offered to play Riot Fest. Playing the fest of course comes with a clause that they can't perform within a certain distance from Chicago for a two or three month period. Assuming they were going to make much more from the Riot Fest offer than the ticket sales.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This.

Unfortunately, they only saw it fit to inform Facebook and Instagram users and possibly twitter. This cuntassbullshit was announced last Thursday or Friday. I was livid then. I'm still livid. They never pulled shit like this in TMV. Hopefully, that band gets resurrected and they stop being right cunts.

Also, this whole rash of Festival non-compete performance clause cuntassbullshit is right up there with Corporate Personhood and militarized corporate policing of pipelines against people. Its not quite as dire or important, I concede but its cut from the same manured cloth.

Edited by mcpherson123

16 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

They are only touring for money and this record was only for money. Once you understand that this band is only a cash grab, a shell of what it once was and that you missed out the first time it's easier to not get mad. At least the record will be in dollar bins everywhere soon with these poor songs.  You can call it an under appreciated classic to try and feel like you saw them being worthwhile in 2017

Sure, the album is not without obvious flaws – I'd call it a fun record before a necessarily "good" one – but I don't think it's as heinous as some folks are making it out to be.  I fired it up (admittedly for the first time in nearly a month) today, actually, before seeing this thread bumped.  There's some good stuff happening on it.  It's just not consistently gold, track for track, like ROC is.