PO: U2 - How Yo Dismantle An Atomic Bomb Reissue (April 28)

1 minute ago, timsimmons said:

Weird that they are skipping Zooropa, Pop and ATYCLB. Those need represses too. Especially Zooropa. The bootleg market for that is crazy, and they sound like crap. 

Hopefully this is just the start.  I'd love to complete my U2 collection on vinyl without forking out for originals.  

1 minute ago, YouTwo said:

Hopefully this is just the start.  I'd love to complete my U2 collection on vinyl without forking out for originals.  

They are due for a big reissue campaign. A few years ago I bit and paid up for a OP of Zooropa, and ATYCLB.  They were the last two I needed to complete the collection.

Atomic Bomb is one of my favorite albums - not the biggest U2 fan ever but it resonated with me. Regrettably splurged ($150) on an OG in late 2015 but I'm glad to see that more people will finally be able to get it.

Any word on Songs Of Experience? Bonobos, Thedge and Co. need to deliver that asap

I have all of their original pressings of every album (big fan don't judge) so probably no need for me to grab this. But I agree it doesn't make sense about skipping Achtung Baby, Zooropa,  Pop & ATYCLB. Especially the latter. 

Also up on amazon for those interested > https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0006399G2/ref=tmm_vnl_new_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=&sr=

Edit: Just waiting for these to flood ebay and Discogs as news spreads

Edited by colbourne25

42 minutes ago, colbourne25 said:

I have all of their original pressings of every album (big fan don't judge) so probably no need for me to grab this. But I agree it doesn't make sense about skipping Achtung Baby, Zooropa,  Pop & ATYCLB. Especially the latter. 

Also up on amazon for those interested > https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0006399G2/ref=tmm_vnl_new_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=&sr=

Edit: Just waiting for these to flood ebay and Discogs as news spreads

Technically Achtung Baby did get a repress.  It was just only released as a box set.  Also, No Line On The Horizon is out of print too.  

Git on yer bootz.

3 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I will say, I think its the best U2 album this century. 

I have a hard time finding many flaws in it. It's a shame the (unjust) taste it left in peoples' mouths after the distribution method. Whatever. U2 is a band where people have their minds made up already.

I ponied up via Amazon because this is good rock n roll, uhhhhh, music.

I've basically resigned myself to give up the ghost on hunting down OG copes of the 90s-00s records (I've got OGs of the 80s stuff and Innocence). Even if I did find legit copies, it's common knowledge just how much they go for, and that surpasses my personal max splurge budget of $75 on a single rare record.  A local record store actually had an OG Achtuuung. BABY! around that price last year and I slept on and subsequently lost out on it.

I'm hoping this reissue is simply a replica of the OG-not a remaster expanded onto 2LPs (that way I can feel like I have an OG  hahaha). I mean, I'll take whatever it is I suppose, but that's how I'd prefer it.

I'd also love to get me hand on Pop. Not a remix, I think the original audio is totally fine (and that this is a brutally underrated record).

Now from what I've last heard on Songs Of Experience, they are supposedly re-evaluating the lyrical content to see if the message they want to get across is now relevant in a post-Trump/Brexit world. That, and they might take the time to add new songs to it. Allegedly happening this year, though.  http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/the-edge-breaks-down-u2s-upcoming-joshua-tree-tour-w459473

17 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Bonobos, Thedge and Co.

YES. The "Co." being Larry Mullen Sr.'s Son and Adam Clay-2000-Pounds, naturally.

15 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

It's a shame the (unjust) taste it left in peoples' mouths after the distribution method. Whatever. U2 is a band where people have their minds made up already.

YES.

1 hour ago, DASiano said:

I ponied up via Amazon because this is good rock n roll, uhhhhh, music.

I've basically resigned myself to give up the ghost on hunting down OG copes of the 90s-00s records (I've got OGs of the 80s stuff and Innocence). Even if I did find legit copies, it's common knowledge just how much they go for, and that surpasses my personal max splurge budget of $75 on a single rare record.  A local record store actually had an OG Achtuuung. BABY! around that price last year and I slept on and subsequently lost out on it.

I'm hoping this reissue is simply a replica of the OG-not a remaster expanded onto 2LPs (that way I can feel like I have an OG  hahaha). I mean, I'll take whatever it is I suppose, but that's how I'd prefer it.

I'd also love to get me hand on Pop. Not a remix, I think the original audio is totally fine (and that this is a brutally underrated record).

Now from what I've last heard on Songs Of Experience, they are supposedly re-evaluating the lyrical content to see if the message they want to get across is now relevant in a post-Trump/Brexit world. That, and they might take the time to add new songs to it. Allegedly happening this year, though.  http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/the-edge-breaks-down-u2s-upcoming-joshua-tree-tour-w459473

YES. The "Co." being Larry Mullen Sr.'s Son and Adam Clay-2000-Pounds, naturally.

YES.

Bull Moose said the UPC is the same as the original UK release so it should be the same as that release.  

I'm not a U2 fan ... at all, but I'm always stoked when OOP records get pressed so people can add them to their collection. Always such a good feeling when that happens; patience paying off.

I'm not a U2 fan ... at all, but I'm always stoked when OOP records get pressed so people can add them to their collection. Always such a good feeling when that happens; patience paying off.

12 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

I personally prefer the podcasts "I Love Films" and "What's Your Deductible, Bro?" to any U2-related material they recorded.

I'm partial to "Great Bits" and "Two's Clues" myself. 

19 hours ago, YouTwo said:

Bull Moose said the UPC is the same as the original UK release so it should be the same as that release.  

If what you're implying is true, then awesome. They should just do this for the remaining 90s and 00s albums-no deluxe editions, no remastering, just get them back in circulation as they were. 

12 hours ago, Vince Ives said:

Not enough Adam Scott Aukerman refs being dropped in this thread.

Bro, how about some fucking t-shirts?