PO: U2 - How Yo Dismantle An Atomic Bomb Reissue (April 28)

2 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

That being said, SOE prices have plummeted - the box set was around $38 the other day and the 2xLP maybe around $15-20.

Yeah, but I'm a U2 sucker and want these the day they come out B).

Even Atomic Bomb prices were down to $16 on Amazon a couple weeks ago.  

Edited by YouTwo

I'm personally holding out for Amazon to put these on pre-order, because, you know, Prime and release date delivery and whatnot.

Either that, or I know my local store will be getting these.

I'm personally passing on Wide Awake as I see used OGs all the time at shops in my area.

I know a lot of people seemed to sour quickly on Songs Of Experience (even the Scotts have made this insinuation), but to me, that record *holds up*.

Oh and, R U Talkin' R.E.M. Re: Me?

Edited by DASiano

15 minutes ago, DASiano said:

I'm personally holding out for Amazon to put these on pre-order, because, you know, Prime and release date delivery and whatnot.

Either that, or I know my local store will be getting these.

I'm personally passing on Wide Awake as I see used OGs all the time at shops in my area.

I know a lot of people seemed to sour quickly on Songs Of Experience (even the Scotts have made this insinuation), but to me, that record *holds up*.

Oh and, R U Talkin' R.E.M. Re: Me?

Just an FYI, the latest I've ever got any new release from BM in PA is the Saturday after it comes out.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, aju2streets said:

Has anyone who pre-ordered through Bull Moose only had Pop ship so far? I ordered that and ATYCLB in the same order (Pop is arriving  today), but I still haven't been charged for ATYCLB. 

Same.  Pop has been shipped and charge but nothing for ATYCLB yet.  

Man, this Pop pressing sounds loads better than the original. Low end is perfectly deep. Vinyl is flat and quiet, clean and heavy (sticker says pressed in Germany - maybe Pallas?). 

Gonna have to order ATYCLB now because my original was purchased used and there is some wear on it. 

On 13/04/2018 at 10:49 PM, timsimmons said:

Man, this Pop pressing sounds loads better than the original. Low end is perfectly deep. Vinyl is flat and quiet, clean and heavy (sticker says pressed in Germany - maybe Pallas?). 

Gonna have to order ATYCLB now because my original was purchased used and there is some wear on it. 

Wow, my impressions are very different. It sounds muddy as f***, on some songs it gets a bit better but Discotheque for example sounds terrible. Being honest, it never sounded great even in the CD. Looking forward to reading more opinions on this... 

Edited by kindgott
Notification

On 14/04/2018 at 7:49 AM, timsimmons said:

Great to hear. I own both the original and repress of HTDAAB and I think the reissue sounds better. Just my opinion but the low end really brings the songs home. Gets rid of the "wall of sound" feel to some of the songs

Both Pop and ATYCLB ordered via Amazon showed up for me on Friday, albeit too late in the day for me to play (which reminds me, I absolutely hate Amazon's new in-house delivery system, Flex).

So I spun these this morning.

I don't think Pop sounds bad at all, but there is a noticeably dark EQ profile in this master, at least that's what I perceive. I only find this glaringly obvious on the side openers-"Discotheque", "If God Will Send His Angels", "Gone", and "If You Wear That Velvet Dress"-for some odd reason. Overall, this master fits the trashy electronic vibe of the uptempo numbers ("MOFO" in particular) and the low key, down and out vibe of the downtempo numbers quite well. Only "Discotheque" feels slightly "off" to me-some things (mainly guitars) aren't popping out like they should, or rather, like I am used to hearing from the digital version I own.  But make no mistake, I am happy/satisfied with this version.

As for ATYCLB, it sounds pretty damn good overall-very crisp and booming. The only thing I noticed is some distortion during "In A Little While". I first thought this might be because they crammed 6 songs onto side A with this being the last. But I am hesitant to cry "IGD!" because it's only really noticeable in the vocals, which could be a production aesthetic I never picked up on (don't really care for this particular song) or it could be that I did not clean the LP as thoroughly as I normally would or something. 

All in all, I am pleased with these purchases, and I hope the last three full lengths I need-Achtung Baby, Zooropa, and No Line On The Horizon-get repressed relatively soon.

• 1 month later...