PO: U2 - How Yo Dismantle An Atomic Bomb Reissue (April 28)

13 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

That's why I love the Best of 90s comp.  There's new mixes of tracks that aren't on albums.

They should do a 4LP, and include the B-sides on that comp too.

This recent “Best of 1980-1990” 2LP feels like a missed opportunity, unless they are saving “The B-Sides” for Record Store Day.

Edited by Plarocks

16 hours ago, dan_smee said:

Need Passengers OS1 as well.

Would love them to do some pressings of the audio of the live DVDs as well.

I hadn't even thought about this but I would do bad bad things for basically anything from JT Paris thru Vertigo Chicago.

Achtung Baby celebrates another decade in 2021 - it'd be wild to see a ZooTV vinyl surface (even if it was Sydney). Though I guess those shows took place in 92-93. Whatever.

On 6/19/2018 at 9:02 AM, gracetoo said:

I hadn't even thought about this but I would do bad bad things for basically anything from JT Paris thru Vertigo Chicago.

Achtung Baby celebrates another decade in 2021 - it'd be wild to see a ZooTV vinyl surface (even if it was Sydney). Though I guess those shows took place in 92-93. Whatever.

They have officially released lots of live stuff, and we know they record pretty much every show. If they ever decided to do this, they have lots of good stuff to choose from:

Pre-Boy - Dublin (the night they signed their record deal)

Boy - Boston, 

October - New York, London

War - Full Red Rocks, Devore

UF - Nantes, Dortmund

Joshua Tree - Paris, Denver, Tempe

Lovetown - Sydney, all four Dublin shows

ZooTV - Stockholm, Lakeland, Sydney, London, Dublin

Popmart - Edmonton, Regina, Mexico City

Elevation - Boston, Slane Castle, Notre Dame

Vertigo - Vancouver, Chicago, Milan, pretty much the entire South America Leg

360 - Vancouver, Sao Paolo, hopefully something from the last north american leg, Glastonbury

i+E - Paris

JT30 - Lots of South American stuff

e+I - Washington has been filmed.

I'm well aware of all the live stuff they've already recorded, but so much of it is rehashed for future releases. Fan club gifts have been audio rips of the Vertigo Chicago, Elevation Slane, and PopMart Mexico shows instead of a different, previously-unavailable show. 

I'm just saying even if they were going to release a ZooTV show on vinyl, it would be cool to get the DC show, or even a stellar European show like Wembley or the Milan show. I'm not going to complain about any U2 shows getting pressed to vinyl, but getting the same one in a new format isn't as exciting to me as them finding another gem and remastering it.

What they did with U22 and From the Ground Up was perfect and I wish they would release a compilation like that for every tour. It would be perfect and could include all the rotational / rare songs from each leg all on one release.

1 minute ago, gracetoo said:

I'm well aware of all the live stuff they've already recorded, but so much of it is rehashed for future releases. Fan club gifts have been audio rips of the Vertigo Chicago, Elevation Slane, and PopMart Mexico shows instead of a different, previously-unavailable show. 

I'm just saying even if they were going to release a ZooTV show on vinyl, it would be cool to get the DC show, or even a stellar European show like Wembley or the Milan show. I'm not going to complain about any U2 shows getting pressed to vinyl, but getting the same one in a new format isn't as exciting to me as them finding another gem and remastering it.

What they did with U22 and From the Ground Up was perfect and I wish they would release a compilation like that for every tour. It would be perfect and could include all the rotational / rare songs from each leg all on one release.

U22 is great! It's a cool souvenir because I was at the show where they recorded Zooropa and it was the best U2 show I've seen.  Kicking myself for not subscribing to get From the Ground Up.   

Just now, YouTwo said:

U22 is great! It's a cool souvenir because I was at the show where they recorded Zooropa and it was the best U2 show I've seen.  Kicking myself for not subscribing to get From the Ground Up.   

Likewise, I was at the Chicago show for "Stay" and its the best U2 show I've seen to date. Great to have a memory preserved from that night.

You could do 22 songs from the Vertigo Tour and end up with a stellar compilation:

Spoiler

1. City of Blinding Lights

2. Vertigo

3. Elevation

4. The Electric Co 

5. An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart

6. Gloria

7. Beautiful Day 

8. Miracle Drug

9. Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own

10. Love and Peace or Else

11. Sunday Bloody Sunday

12. Bullet the Blue Sky

13. Pride (In the Name of Love)

14. Where the Streets Have No Name

15. One

16. Zoo Station

17. The Fly

18. Mysterious Ways

19. Original of the Species

20. Fast Cars

21. Bad

22. 40

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I wonder if they'll do a third hits album/b-sides/outtakes collection akin to the gold/silver best of's for the past 18 years. 

If they do I hope it's like the 90s one where it's more than just a collection of album tracks.

On 6/17/2018 at 7:29 PM, Plarocks said:

They should do a 4LP, and include the B-sides on that comp too.

This recent “Best of 1980-1990” 2LP feels like a missed opportunity, unless they are saving “The B-Sides” for Record Store Day.

A lot of those B-Sides are in the Joshua Tree boxset that isn't exactly being bought at record volumes. I think that's where the idea comes from for now.

7 hours ago, YouTwo said:

If they do I hope it's like the 90s one where it's more than just a collection of album tracks.

Totally. Invisible, Ordinary Love, Ground Beneath Her Feet. Maybe a new track for the collection. 

I seem to remember, when 80-90 came out, they had just signed a new deal with Island/Universal and part of the deal was 3 hits albums. I mean that’s going back 20 years and deals change, but that’s my memory.

maybe U218 filled that part of the deal. But a third collection with similar design would be great. 

Edited by timsimmons

34 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Also these new reissues sound fantastic. Cut by Bellman again. They sound a lot better than the originals I have despite probably being cut from digital sources (assuming the original AB and Zoo were cut from analog sources)

Not correct

https://www.atu2.com/news/robbie-adams-recording-u2s-achtung-baby--zooropa.html

I only picked up AB but wish this was a gatefold