PO: U2 - How Yo Dismantle An Atomic Bomb Reissue (April 28)

On 7/28/2018 at 10:47 AM, richardp said:

Haven't listened to Zooropa yet, but yeah Achtung sounds fucking fantastic. Leaps and bounds above my original pressing. 

I kick myself to this day for missing the original US pressing at Joe’s Record Paradise for $9.98, back in the day. :(

I ended up buying the 1991 “Netherlands” pressing for $16.98 later, but Discogs now lists it as an “unofficial” pressing.

Huh? :huh:

Thanks for the review. I will be ordering one....eventually. :)

5 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

How does the 2xlp reissue of Joshua Tree compare to the single original?

Wonderful. It sounds so crisp and full. My original pressing of Joshua Tree doesn't actually sound bad, but you can definitely hear a difference in the reissue. My only complaint is that I think splitting it across two discs kinda fucks with the album's pacing a bit. I prefer the album with a Side A/B tracklisting rather than A/B/C/D. But I mean, quality wise, yeah you cant complain. It comes with a really nice thick ass booklet with interviews and shit in it too. Totally worth it to grab it. And if you can AFFORD it, the ultra-deluxe vinyl set with the Live At Maddison Square Garden 4xLP, get that one, because that concert is truly one of the best mixed live releases I've ever heard. Remarkable stuff. 

Also, if anyone is wondering, I gave Zooropa a spin, and its solid as hell. Much louder and less muddy as the original pressing. 

Edited by richardp

5 hours ago, richardp said:

...And if you can AFFORD it, the ultra-deluxe vinyl set with the Live At Maddison Square Garden 4xLP, get that one, because that concert is truly one of the best mixed live releases I've ever heard. Remarkable stuff. 

It's only a 2xLP in the box set, & it's missing a couple of songs as compared to the bootleg CD unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...

So I flipped my UK original LP of Zooropa for the new 2LP remaster with 5 dollars to spare which went straight into my belly in the form of pizza :P. Lack of gatefold aside, it's a great package and the remaster is fantastic. By far my fave U2 album.

Pop is relatively cheap at Amazon Canada right now. Can anyone vouch for the reissue? Once I buy it and AB I'm done for now.

Edited by arumajiro 零 一つ

11 minutes ago, arumajiro 零 一つ said:

So I flipped my UK original LP of Zooropa for the new 2LP remaster with 5 dollars to spare which went straight into my belly in the form of pizza :P. Lack of gatefold aside, it's a great package and the remaster is fantastic. By far my fave U2 album.

Pop is relatively cheap at Amazon Canada right now. Can anyone vouch for the reissue? Once I buy it and AB I'm done for now.

The Pop one is good but it doesn't blow me away like Achtung Baby and Zooropa but it still is the best I've heard Pop sound.  

1 minute ago, arumajiro 零 一つ said:

The CD booklet for Pop is rad. What did they did they do for the LP?

I can't remember if there is a book in there or not.  I think there was but I can confirm when I get home.  I just packed up my CDs so I can't compare it to the CD book.  

Pop is the same as the OP. Printed inners (but on heavier stock). It also comes with a lyrics sheet (not included with the OP). The inners have 4 pics from the CD booklet (like the mirrorball guitar). The inside of the gatefold also has some of the pictures from the CD booklet.  But no thick booklet at all. 

1 minute ago, timsimmons said:

Pop is the same as the OP. Printed inners (but on heavier stock). It also comes with a lyrics sheet (not included with the OP). The inners have 4 pics from the CD booklet (like the mirrorball guitar). The inside of the gatefold also has some of the pictures from the CD booklet.  But no thick booklet at all. 

Wow awesome & detailed, good to know. Maybe I'll keep my CD copy around. They really did a nice job with it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...