2 hours ago, Han Solo said:

There are some killer record stores in Van! I'm sure if you asked them to order stuff in for you, they would. 

I was actually in Neptune last weekend asking if they would be getting in any Knocked Loose or Turnstile. I'm sure they'll eventually get in some standard black but it sucks to have to skip the limited variants  to skip basically paying double for an album.

10 hours ago, SNEAKORDS said:

I was actually in Neptune last weekend asking if they would be getting in any Knocked Loose or Turnstile. I'm sure they'll eventually get in some standard black but it sucks to have to skip the limited variants  to skip basically paying double for an album.

We don’t press anything on standard black FYI. Our distro, The Orchard, sells in Canada so if a store wants something they should be able to get it. If not they can usually go through AEC or Rev as well

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

Strange, I can’t find an an Australian retailer stocking this and merchnow won’t ship to Australia due to current USPS policy halting service here.  Anyone know where this can be purchased locally? Perhaps it was canned as an exclusive, hence available for anyone but Australians to purchase here haha…

39 minutes ago, SNEAKORDS said:

they removed the sample? I was surprised it was there and made it to spotify but haven't listened to it in a few weeks. was it on the record\is it removed from future pressings?

Yes, they probably got into legal trouble from the Beach Boys which doesn't surprise me given the size and cultural significance of that band. I'm sure its still on the physical copies since the masters were approved a long time ago.  I would assume future pressings will not have it though. 

It does suck, its one of the best samples I've ever heard. At least our physical copies are probably fine. This is why I dislike streaming in general, though, since things can be changed so suddenly and you don't own your music

Edited by Han Solo

51 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

Yes, they probably got into legal trouble from the Beach Boys which doesn't surprise me given the size and cultural significance of that band. I'm sure its still on the physical copies since the masters were approved a long time ago.  I would assume future pressings will not have it though. 

It does suck, its one of the best samples I've ever heard. At least our physical copies are probably fine. This is why I dislike streaming in general, though, since things can be changed so suddenly and you don't own your music

Physical copies aren't available in canada as far as I've found so far, I'm hoping it's not an edit once I can get my hands one at some point. This did prompt me to by the FLAC from their bandcamp though, the sample is still in that release at the moment.

1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

Interesting. I guess this is why I don't use streaming services. I've been paying for Deezer so I can grab releases for my personal server. So I have day 1 downloads of the audio, the video from YouTube, and the vinyl eventually. As God intended.

I’m telling The Beach Boys.

On 12/4/2021 at 4:57 PM, bloodycape said:

Strange, I can’t find an an Australian retailer stocking this and merchnow won’t ship to Australia due to current USPS policy halting service here.  Anyone know where this can be purchased locally? Perhaps it was canned as an exclusive, hence available for anyone but Australians to purchase here haha…

It was available on 24hundred and theyll be getting more units of it, it will be easily available to those down under

20 hours ago, Han Solo said:

Just a DSP thing, no legal issues with the Beach Boys, just copyright flags.