Do Make Say Think - Stubborn Persistent Illusions (May 19, 2017)

Pre-orders are now uphttp://domakesaythink.com/
http://cstrecords.com/store/categories/DO-MAKE-SAY-THINK/Stubborn-Persistent-Illusions/

Read more: http://cstrecords.com/store/categories/DO-MAKE-SAY-THINK/Stubborn-Persistent-Illusions/

The deluxe double vinyl edition of Stubborn Persistent Illusions features 2x180gram audiophile pressing from Optimal (Germany) in a gatefold jacket with printed inner dust sleeves, 12″x12″ art/credit insert, 12″x24″art print poster and Side Four vinyl etching.  All printed on uncoated boards and papers.  Featuring original commissioned artwork by Marianne Collins.

CST120_LPspread_white01_600px.jpg

Looks like Constellation is teasing the new album for a May 19, 2017 release.

Edited by voltagedrop

Beat me to the new thread.  I was also going to wait a bit closer to pre-order details since a few people have been raising a fuss about creating threads before pre-orders drop, but there's no way this isn't seeing a vinyl press.  Definitely in.  Very few people on the board will give half a shit about this one, which is a bummer, but the hype is real on my end.  That teaser sounds fantastic.

2 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

All for this.  I spent a good part of last year listening to their LPs that I was less familiar with, but now I'm ready for some new stuff.

A couple of years ago I made it a point to track down their discography since it's so cheap and readily available.  So much of their stuff is overlooked – I don't think they have a single dud album.  Anticipation has been high for this new one and I'm glad to see that it's finally surfacing.

I'm interested to hear what comes out of this. Don't own any of their stuff on vinyl since it's never been terribly pertinent to me, but I appreciate the extreme diversity and sheer magnitude of their work. Their S/T, Other Truths, and History In Rust are probably my favourites from them. That preview is golden, though, really is.

24 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

A couple of years ago I made it a point to track down their discography since it's so cheap and readily available.  So much of their stuff is overlooked – I don't think they have a single dud album.  Anticipation has been high for this new one and I'm glad to see that it's finally surfacing.

I found all the 3 full lengths I was missing used in a record shop about a year ago, it's what sparked me diving in more.  I think their last two albums are my favorite if I had to pick, but I enjoy them all.  Definitely agree that there isn't a dud in the group.

15 minutes ago, lazyslumber said:

Anyone in the US ever order directly from Constellation? The prices listed are super cheap and shipping isn't too bad when ordering 5+ records.

Definitely.  Nothing but great experiences on my end.

I'd love to see some kind of variant that incorporates blue or orange, for this one, but I think it'd also bug me knowing that the rest of their catalog is on black wax.  Just want to add this to my incoming list and speed up to May, either way.

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Definitely.  Nothing but great experiences on my end.

I'd love to see some kind of variant that incorporates blue or orange, for this one, but I think it'd also bug me knowing that the rest of their catalog is on black wax.  Just want to add this to my incoming list and speed up to May, either way.

I'd like to see a coloured variant as well, but I don't think Constellation does that in general.

Very excited to see they're still alive and kickin' -has it really been 8 years? Only good experiences with Constellation as well.

Super discography, a couple took a bit to grow on me  (as does most music that can get jazzish - that's a new word)

I really like Other Truths direction, though, esp. "Do"

Favorite track is still "Auberge Le Mouton Noir" from WHCHSH.

Bring it!

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Nice.  Comes out to $36 PPD, in USD, but that is largely due to the $14 Canadian post.  Personally going to wait for a Bull Moose link since they seem to stock every other DMST release.  Can't wait to check out the new track later on, if that teaser was any indicator of what we can expect.

Yeah, I usually grab Constellation stuff from someplace stateside.  I'd like to support them directly, but that postage rate makes it hard to justify when I know this'll be $25-30 from Bullmoose or Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...

This leaked yesterday,  but at 128 kbps.  Total album is like 56 MB.  Kind of a shame it surfaced so much earlier than anticipated, but I'll be holding out for a quality listen.  I also found it odd that an advertisement for the leak showed up on my Facebook stream, through Getmetal – a page I don't even follow.

New track(s) are simply superb!! I have not listened to the leak, but I will eventually get this. Derek's suggestion of the BullMoose route sounds promising, since every time I go to Constellation, I end up picking up 3 more titles to justify the shipping. Ugh. This has been the best potential surprise of the year so far. 

I was just reading the press release on the constellation website and noticed this:

“Horripilation”, “Murder Of Thoughts”, “d=3.57√h”, “Return, Return Again” recorded at Sundlaugin Studio, Reykjavik, Iceland, engineered by Jon “Biggi” Birgisson.

Can anyone confirm that this is the same Jon Birgisson as Jónsi, the singer from Sigur Rós?? Would be cool if it's him.

I'm so excited for this release. One of my favorite bands of all time.