Do Make Say Think - Stubborn Persistent Illusions (May 19, 2017)

23 minutes ago, wiscodeman said:

I was just reading the press release on the constellation website and noticed this:

Can anyone confirm that this is the same Jon Birgisson as Jónsi, the singer from Sigur Rós?? Would be cool if it's him.

I'm so excited for this release. One of my favorite bands of all time.

Can confirm he's recorded for Sigur Rós, but is not Jónsi.  Separate guy in Iceland.

• 1 month later...

10 hours ago, drds89 said:

Quietly released today; streaming this week for those who didn't listen to the  leak

DMST: Stubborn Persistent Illusions

Two times through I find the first 3 tracks OK, but the last half more engaging. That will probably change in a few months lol.

What's the verdict? B+?

I love all their releases, but am surprisingly not rushing out the door to buy this album. thanks for the stream link.

4 minutes ago, wiscodeman said:

I can't say it's their best, but I'm still very happy it exists. I love this band so much.

I land somewhere along those lines too.  I've only had time to listen to it a few times and enjoyed it a fair amount.  I'm planning on tacking it onto an order when I have a chance.

• 6 months later...
13 minutes ago, wiscodeman said:

Anyone seeing them on their short tour that's going on currently? I'll be at the Chicago show on Friday.

Also, today marks 9 years since the last time I saw them live, at Lincoln Hall in Chicago. Excited for Friday!

Seeing them in Cleveland on Saturday.  Super stoked.

13 minutes ago, wiscodeman said:

Anyone seeing them on their short tour that's going on currently? I'll be at the Chicago show on Friday.

Also, today marks 9 years since the last time I saw them live, at Lincoln Hall in Chicago. Excited for Friday!

Seeing them in Cleveland on Saturday.  Super stoked.