Fleet Foxes- Crack Up - Out June 16

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, JRHews said:

About to head out for the FF and Animal Collective show in Philly tonight. Excited to hear the new album live, should grow on me even more!

I saw them the other night at Merriweather.  Besides "Third of May" which was one of the highlights of the show for me, the rest of the new songs were kind of forgettable live.  

4 hours ago, YouTwo said:

I saw them the other night at Merriweather.  Besides "Third of May" which was one of the highlights of the show for me, the rest of the new songs were kind of forgettable live.  

Really loved Third of May and I Am All That I Need,  but you're right, the rest o the new stuff kind of blended together live. Sounds much better on album when they all flow together in order. 

However, it was my first time seeing them, and they really played all my other favorites so for me, it was an unforgettable show. Battery Kinzie, Shrine/Argument, Grown Ocean, Helplessness Blues,  White Winter Hymnal, Mykonos, Oliver James ect. So good.

1 hour ago, JRHews said:

Really loved Third of May and I Am All That I Need,  but you're right, the rest o the new stuff kind of blended together live. Sounds much better on album when they all flow together in order. 

However, it was my first time seeing them, and they really played all my other favorites so for me, it was an unforgettable show. Battery Kinzie, Shrine/Argument, Grown Ocean, Helplessness Blues,  White Winter Hymnal, Mykonos, Oliver James ect. So good.

Yeah, they played my top 5 favorites (looks like the 2 shows had identical setlists), Mykonos, The Shrine, Third of May, He Doesn't Know Why and Blue Ridge Mountains.  I saw them in 2011 too.  The setlist (as far as the songs that they played, not so much the order) were pretty similar.

Edited by YouTwo

On 7/22/2017 at 1:53 AM, thesewoodenideas said:

So there might still be hope. The band posted this on Instagram:

• fleetfoxes If your order for a signed vinyl from Amazon was canceled, don't worry - we are making plans to sign more and get those orders fulfilled.

Don't count on it. My order shipped, was then delayed due to weather, cleared customs about 3 weeks ago and has since gone AWOL. 

1 minute ago, Skacel said:

Don't count on it. My order shipped, was then delayed due to weather, cleared customs about 3 weeks ago and has since gone AWOL. 

Yikes.

Hope it shows up for you.

I can wait this out to see what happens. If I don't get a signed copy I'll pick the album up when it's on discount instead :-)

1 hour ago, panasonicyouth said:

Not sure if you guys saw, but Robin posted on Reddit that they'd be looking to see if they can sign some copies now that they're on tour together and get them to those who can prove they had canceled orders. Would be a happy ending to a pretty disappointing story thus far. 

Cool. Got a link? Thanks.

2 hours ago, panasonicyouth said:

Not sure if you guys saw, but Robin posted on Reddit that they'd be looking to see if they can sign some copies now that they're on tour together and get them to those who can prove they had canceled orders. Would be a happy ending to a pretty disappointing story thus far. 

How do I "prove" I had a cancelled order?

Send them a copy of the e-mails?

1 minute ago, Plarocks said:

How do I "prove" I had a cancelled order?

Send them a copy of the e-mails?

I would think so, seems like the only way. He hasn't said anything beyond that post or collected any info, so it's all still up in the air.  Just thankful they're aware of the situation and hopefully can sort everyone who got shafted by Amazon on Prime Day. 

1 minute ago, panasonicyouth said:

I would think so, seems like the only way. He hasn't said anything beyond that post or collected any info, so it's all still up in the air.  Just thankful they're aware of the situation and hopefully can sort everyone who got shafted by Amazon on Prime Day. 

Gotta give the band credit for at least acknowledging the problem, and actually trying to do something to fix it. :)

I will save the e-mails in hopes that I can eventually acquire a signed copy. 

1 hour ago, wiscodeman said:

There's a section in your Amazon account that lists out past/cancelled orders too. I wonder if Amazon will just supply them with a list of the cancelled orders and they'll sign that many and send them to Amazon to fulfill. I guess we'll see.

Only problem with that, I had one Amazon order completely "vaporize" from their system.

I am assuming they did not want to honor it. <_<

Edited by Plarocks

Well, for now, the "Fleet Foxes" is still showing up under "cancelled orders."

I was referring to the Norah Jones "The Collection" vinyl box set Amazon had listed for $40.

I kept sending the links to "keep the order open" for years, in hopes they would finally send it.

But then one day, POOF, my order was gone from the website. It was like it did not exist from that point on. :rolleyes:

Edited by Plarocks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...