Ulrich Schnauss - Far Away Trains Passing By | A Strangely Isolated Place

Nice! Anyone want to recommend any of his most recent (Let's say last ten years) work? Amazon Canada is selling his most recent solo LP at a fairly decent price at the moment.

I've really fallen behind on listening to poppy IDM but circa 2002 I lived and breathed City Centre Offices, Morr Music, Leaf (their 20th Anniversary reissue program "Leaf 20" was top-notch), etc. There's some real good OOP material in those genres that I hope recent enthusiasm over the Gas box-set and a few other signs might point to a bit of a revival. A lot of electronic music today is sophisticated and interesting but also (understandably) relentlessly dark.

Edited by armadillo01
Facts

Just thought I'd post this here as well. Two other releases sort of in the same vein as these releases:

Jon Hopkins - Opalescent  (LP for sell on his b/c or at Amazon.com)

https://jonhopkins.bandcamp.com/

Winterlight - Hope Dies Last 

Edited by andables

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

received the email with updated delivery estimate:  Monday, 22 May 2017 - Tuesday, 6 June 2017 

also looks like these have increased ~  £ 10 a piece since they were originally listed. might be better to hold off and order stateside if you haven't PO already. 

• 4 weeks later...

The date for Far away trains was announced. a strangely isolated place hasnt changed since it was announced. 

Ulrich Schnauss - Far Away Trains Passing By : Saturday, 17 June 2017 - Thursday, 29 June 2017

Ulrich Schnauss - A Strangely Isolated Place: Monday, 22 May 2017 - Tuesday, 6 June 2017 

• 3 months later...

i just registered to follow up on this. I tried to pre-order myself, but they have mysteriously vanished from what i can see from amazon. did anyone ever get their copies of either of these? far away trains is my most sought after album, but i'll play the long game in hopes of a repress instead of paying 200+ to a hustler.

41 minutes ago, cabasse said:

i just registered to follow up on this. I tried to pre-order myself, but they have mysteriously vanished from what i can see from amazon. did anyone ever get their copies of either of these? far away trains is my most sought after album, but i'll play the long game in hopes of a repress instead of paying 200+ to a hustler.

Nope.  This never happened.  After like 5-6 e-mails that bumped back the estimated shipping dating, Amazon finally buckled and just cancelled my order for me.  Didn't give me a choice; just said that they have no idea when they'll actually be getting them in.  I sort of assume that also means they don't know if they're getting them in, either.  Glad I was so skeptical of these POs that I never even bothered adding them to my "incoming" list – it'd be too much of a bummer to remove them.

9 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Nope.  This never happened.  After like 5-6 e-mails that bumped back the estimated shipping dating, Amazon finally buckled and just cancelled my order for me.  Didn't give me a choice; just said that they have no idea when they'll actually be getting them in.  I sort of assume that also means they don't know if they're getting them in, either.  Glad I was so skeptical of these POs that I never even bothered adding them to my "incoming" list – it'd be too much of a bummer to remove them.

Same story for me.