PO Now: Gorillaz - Humanz (Also the 'OG' Discussion Thread)

Hopefully this gets figured out, if so I have two copies of the signed edition and I can help someone out. 

This is what they just sent out:

Dear Customer

Thank you for your order with the official Gorillaz store.

We are emailing to let you know that we are still looking into the PayPal / payment issues from last night and will update you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience as we continue to work on the cause of this problem.

Kind regards
Your Warner Music Team.

Edited by JustSchwimmer

21 minutes ago, JustSchwimmer said:

Hopefully this gets figured out, if so I have two copies of the signed edition and I can help someone out. 

This is what they just sent out:

Dear Customer

Thank you for your order with the official Gorillaz store.

We are emailing to let you know that we are still looking into the PayPal / payment issues from last night and will update you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience as we continue to work on the cause of this problem.

Kind regards
Your Warner Music Team.

lmao they're cancelling on your dumb ass 

1 hour ago, njpunkmusic said:

Always been a fan of this band, but Plastic Beach left a sour taste in my mouth.  Never felt that it was really great.  Good is even kind of stretching it.  Self titled and Demon Days are awesome though.  Will hold off on this for a bit.

All of this. I'm right there with you.

Hey-yo they just sent me a paypal invoice to pay for the signed copies.

I am now 800 dollars poorer but i ended up with two copies so that's cool.

This was the message:

Note from WMIS Limited
We've reserved this stock for you. Please make payment to complete the order, and please accept our apologies for the difficulties experienced on our store. Thanks, The Warner Music Team

31 minutes ago, mkhaytman said:

We don't all have nice paying jobs.. some of us just have credit cards and make poor financial decisions.

Not really, I work part time for Apple for benefits and have an online store for income. No kids and no need for a car will free up lots of cash. 

Edited by JustSchwimmer

For a board that complains about vinyl prices all the time, I find it hysterical that's so many of you want to drop $400 on an impractical box set for songs that you have never heard before.

And  people thought record store day was a gimmick cash grab.

6 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

For a board that complains about vinyl prices all the time, I find it hysterical that's so many of you want to drop $400 on an impractical box set for songs that you have never heard before.

That's because the vinyl repress for DD sold out so people were debating on getting the $400 boxset for the ultimate flip since Gorillaz hype is high. I'm just being a fan here and I want that Jamie sig. He's not exactly signing stuff besides his prints so for a fan like me, it's worth getting a 50+ book of his work signed.

Edited by Vector53

10 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Seriously. If you can't think of better things to do with $400 you've got a pretty charmed life. 

Even if you're going to blow it on records, you could pick up some truly great punk singles that aren't just manufactured cash grabs with artificial scarcity like this thing is. 

18 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Pretty sure he is at Comic Con every year signing, but I could be wrong.

If he was actually there, I would be there in a heartbeat having him sign my Tank Girl and Gorillaz stuff (doesn't even count the huge line that would be there to see him). No, that man doesn't really cross over the Atlantic for cons. He doesn't really need to as you can see.  I think people are also underestimating that Jamie is a very well-regarded comic book artist besides being the artist for Gorillaz. A ton of artists from the pop culture art prints world follow him on Instagram. You might think people wouldn't spend alot of Jamie's artwork then maybe you haven't seen how much Jamie's original prints go for: http://shop.jamiehewlett.com/ http://woodwardgallery.net/jamie-hewlett/
For $350 that has him sign something that has 50+pages of his own artwork and not just one and signed, some Gorillaz/comic book fans might think this is worth it. 

Edited by Vector53