PO Now: Gorillaz - Humanz (Also the 'OG' Discussion Thread)

1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

Just announced as a headliner for Outside Lands. 

So so there has to be a N. America tour between that Quebec show mid July and OL mid August. Right? 

More like Fall since they were announced at Fuji Rock which is July 28-31 as well. We'll see once the album is properly out.

Edited by Vector53

To those trying to get Demon Days, spots are popping up on VMP throughout the day. Here's a signup link (thats my referral so hopefully you can get 10$ off too)

I got an email in the morning saying there was a spot but all sold out then I tried again and I got it.  Can't wait to pop these 2 guys side by side (if my amazon uk doesn't get canceled)

Edited by idioteque...

1 hour ago, idioteque... said:

To those trying to get Demon Days, spots are popping up on VMP throughout the day. Here's a signup link (thats my referral so hopefully you can get 10$ off too)

I got an email in the morning saying there was a spot but all sold out then I tried again and I got it.  Can't wait to pop these 2 guys side by side (if my amazon uk doesn't get canceled)

out of curiosity, is the only option multiple months or can you just sign up for a single month?

Shaping up to be a real solid album. Definitely seems like Gorillaz is in the mindsets of a lot more folks compared to how it was during the Plastic Beach era. Especially when there is also this to keep in mind: 

Before “Let Me Out” premieres, an excerpt of Damon Albarn’s conversation with Lowe has been shared. In the clip below, Albarn reveals that he’s got an arsenal of Gorillaz songs to finish up beyond the 19 that appear on Humanz. “I’m just sort of slowly going through all tunes that sort of didn’t work out and finishing them,” he said. Among the songs that he’s working on is one featuring Little Simz. When asked how many songs didn’t make it on the album, Albarn estimates that he’s got 40 or 45 leftover tracks. “I can stay in the game for at least another 18 months, I reckon,” he said. 

So we might have another album come next year. Of course he did also say that about Plastic Beach 2/Sea-Sides but we're not gonna talk about that. <_<

2 hours ago, nyhi said:

If anyone is looking for the regular deluxe I ordered it from Barnes & Noble earlier today. 

Not much description but do you think its the one with the 54 page art book. Cloth bound? Price would make me believe it is.

This makes me think that other trustworthy sites would have the deluxe versions back up on theirs soon. 

24 minutes ago, EmeryRK said:

Not much description but do you think its the one with the 54 page art book. Cloth bound? Price would make me believe it is.

This makes me think that other trustworthy sites would have the deluxe versions back up on theirs soon. 

Nowhere else seemed to have it in stock. Scoured the web for awhile looking. Deep Discount seemed to have it also but I ordered and it then said backordered on my receipt so I cancelled that one.

3 hours ago, EmeryRK said:

There is no standard Deluxe that doesn't have the book, otherwise what would make it deluxe...