PO Now: Gorillaz - Humanz (Also the 'OG' Discussion Thread)

21 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Just to be clear, you guys know 2D is not real, right? 

No way.  You've gotta be fucking kidding me.  My whole entire life I thought cartoon characters all lived on their own island somewhere and that's why I, or anyone else has seen them before other than on TV/movies/online.

This is like finding out Santa Clause isn't real all over again...

Does this mean, Dr. Orpheus (the guy in my avatar) isn't real either??  Oh god.  What is this life??

Edited by FiggyPuddling

If you're a Amazon prime member, you can get it for $12.21. I used my sister's account to nab a copy along with a deluxe CD copy of Humanz. Shipping packaging was overkill though. They packed the record in a record mailer, and then an over-sized box with bubbles. Makes me think the shipping department got the instructions for this and the Deluxe edition of Humanz mixed up.

I hadn't listened to Plastic Beach yet except the singles, so it was like listening to 2 new Gorillaz albums haha.

Edited by ghost

3 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

P4K gave that one BNM so I'm sure plenty of people think that.

Took me a bit to even decode that. Regardless, I don't know what Pitchfork has to do with anything. Most people, at least around here with discussion leading up to the new album, seem to lean heavily towards Demon Days and largely don't seem to even acknowledge Plastic Beach's existence. 

47 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

Took me a bit to even decode that. Regardless, I don't know what Pitchfork has to do with anything. Most people, at least around here with discussion leading up to the new album, seem to lean heavily towards Demon Days and largely don't seem to even acknowledge Plastic Beach's existence. 

It was a joke because people blindly follow their reviews. Highest rated one so it's the best to a lot of people.

I remember when "Stylo" came out as a single and I LOVED it.  I was so excited for it after Demon Days because I loved Demon Days so much.  And then when I got it (the CD) when it came out, I listened to it and was pretty disappointed.  Listened to it one or two more times and still only a few songs really stuck out.

Flash forward to just last year when I FINALLY bought Plastic Beach on vinyl and decided to listen again after all that time.  I LOVED it.  I'd put it right up there with all of their other albums.  Well... besides The Fall.  Kind of ashamed to say this, but I've actually never listened to that one.  It's not that I haven't wanted to, I've just never gotten around to it.

17 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

I remember when "Stylo" came out as a single and I LOVED it.  I was so excited for it after Demon Days because I loved Demon Days so much.  And then when I got it (the CD) when it came out, I listened to it and was pretty disappointed.  Listened to it one or two more times and still only a few songs really stuck out.

Flash forward to just last year when I FINALLY bought Plastic Beach on vinyl and decided to listen again after all that time.  I LOVED it.  I'd put it right up there with all of their other albums.  Well... besides The Fall.  Kind of ashamed to say this, but I've actually never listened to that one.  It's not that I haven't wanted to, I've just never gotten around to it.

It's a bit of a slow burn and there are some tracklisting issues that mess with the flow but some of their best tunes are on that album for sure. Glad you were able to revisit it successfully. 

• 4 weeks later...

Busy week for the Gorillaz people. Just today we got a new track. This one is completely a whole new B-side separated from both the Deluxe and Super Deluxe albums. 

We also have the new merch website that takes the old name of the phase 1 webstore, G-FOOT,  that is now up: http://us.gfoot.store/

Last but not least on Saturday, you can livestream their full set at Demon Dayz Fest here: https://www.redbull.com/ca-en/watch-gorillaz-demon-dayz-margate-red-bull-tv

It's good to be a Gorillaz fan these days.