Iron Maiden Reissues!

On 2017-6-22 at 9:40 PM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Mine are making that long trek across the sea, so it'll be a week or so until I see them

My copies turned up today. Everything looks great, really pleased to finally own these! 

Just spinning DOD now, and it sounds brilliant. Very clear, exactly what I expected given how the Black Friday BNW sounded. Will report back on the others when I get a chance to spin them tomorrow!

1 hour ago, Le Gogh said:

My copies turned up today. Everything looks great, really pleased to finally own these! 

Just spinning DOD now, and it sounds brilliant. Very clear, exactly what I expected given how the Black Friday BNW sounded. Will report back on the others when I get a chance to spin them tomorrow!

Awesome! Thanks :)

• 1 month later...

Got those last few albums in yesterday, haven't had a chance to spin them but they all look great. Only downside is En Vivo is a triple LP but no gatefold, just a single sleeve. 

They all fit in the box nicely, not super tight but I wish I could get them out a bit easier. Maybe it'll loosen a little over time. 

Not record related, but Iron Maiden related.

I'm a big comic book fan and I just received news that the new "Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast" mini series thru Heavy Metal magazine is up for preorder now.

It will be a 5 issue mini series starring none other than Eddie himself.

http://shop.heavymetal.com/shm/product_info.php?products_id=6037

IMG_20170720_160304.jpg

Edited by VinylMario

8 hours ago, Gippej said:

I'm glad you guys have positive things to say about how they sound, I'll probably pick up a few at some point when I find them on sale. Does anyone here have the RSD pressing of Brave New World and is able to mention if there is any difference between that version and this most recent repress?

I have the RSD and it sounds great. I didn't pick up another copy to compare, but I can't imagine they cut new plates for it or anything. I would guess they sound exactly alike if I had to.

10 hours ago, Gippej said:

I'm glad you guys have positive things to say about how they sound, I'll probably pick up a few at some point when I find them on sale. Does anyone here have the RSD pressing of Brave New World and is able to mention if there is any difference between that version and this most recent repress?

I have been following the thread on the Steve Hoffman forums and there does NOT seem to be a difference in pressings between the RSD release and the new repress. The difference is the hype sticker on the front packaging as far as I can discern. Although if you buy a UK pressing it will be from parlophone  which is not the same as the US pressing of BNW RSD.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Battra said:

I have purchased:

Rock In Rio

En Vivo

Book of Souls: Live Chapter

Tyranny of Souls

We good?

I'd really prefer to see some Number of the Beast in there, but your efforts are much appreciated.

You'll be receiving your new metal card in three to five business days.

10 hours ago, voltagedrop said:

Was listening to Somewhere in Time today, such an underrated album.

I've said this so many times. It may actually be my favorite Maiden album... Beast and Powerslave are amazing, but there's something about SiT.

13 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I've said this so many times. It may actually be my favorite Maiden album... Beast and Powerslave are amazing, but there's something about SiT.

Yeah, those albums have some great individual tracks on them,  but I think SIT is a more cohesive album overall. "Deja-Vu" is probably my favourite Iron Maiden track ever.

On 12/18/2017 at 11:44 PM, voltagedrop said:

Was listening to Somewhere in Time today, such an underrated album.

On 12/19/2017 at 9:47 AM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Agreed. SiT is soild stem to stern. It's probably the most consistent album song to song. Powerslave is great, but Back in the Village is no Aces High or 2 Minutes to Midnight.