[PO SOON] Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.

Nah, Danny Brown, Joey Badass, Vince Staples, and Earl Sweatshirt can keep up and potentially run circles around Kendrick, and Kendrick's my number 2, but mainly because GKMC is one of my favorite hip-hop albums, but I  really dislike people calling him the best right now, he's the best mainstream rapper for sure, but those 4 I listed about can easily keep up with him.

Also, if Kendrick does drop on the 7th, I'm gonna be mad, I'm sure he knows Joey is dropping his album and that's fucked up to just overshadow him like that. 

38 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

Nah, Danny Brown, Joey Badass, Vince Staples, and Earl Sweatshirt can keep up and potentially run circles around Kendrick, and Kendrick's my number 2, but mainly because GKMC is one of my favorite hip-hop albums, but I  really dislike people calling him the best right now, he's the best mainstream rapper for sure, but those 4 I listed about can easily keep up with him.

Also, if Kendrick does drop on the 7th, I'm gonna be mad, I'm sure he knows Joey is dropping his album and that's fucked up to just overshadow him like that. 

LOL if you think any of those artists have released anything nearly as good as GKMC or TPAB

Not discrediting them, but holy shit

5 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

LOL if you think any of those artists have released anything nearly as good as GKMC or TPAB

Not discrediting them, but holy shit

Summertime '06, XXX, B4 Da.$$, and Atrociety Exhibition I think are better than TPAB, I'll admit Earl isn't doing anything as noteworthy since he's kinda falling off, but as the post above me says, I'm talking about skill, fuck album sales, rap is about the M.C.s abilities, Vince and Danny's flow are untouchable and Joey and Earl's ryhme's are fucken crazy, and Earl murdered Kendrick, Ab-Soul, and Danny on Really Doe, Kendrick probably had the worst verse on that track.

Like I said, Kendrick the best mainstream rapper, but the underground is coming for him.

not a personal fan of danny brown or much of vince staples' stuff, but i do feel like people elevate kendrick over these guys based on album sales/celebrity, which is obviously bogus when talking about the best rapper. im disappointed with what kendrick has done since Good kid maad city and i will continue to say joey bada$$ is crushing most people out there until it is no longer true. he doesn't have filler tracks, and all of his mixtapes and B4D4$$ have been great. i don't understand how a conversation about the best in the game could at all include kanye anymore, I don't care how good his production is (and yes, it is very good).

28 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

Summertime '06, XXX, B4 Da.$$, and Atrociety Exhibition I think are better than TPAB, I'll admit Earl isn't doing anything as noteworthy since he's kinda falling off, but as the post above me says, I'm talking about skill, fuck album sales, rap is about the M.C.s abilities, Vince and Danny's flow are untouchable and Joey and Earl's ryhme's are fucken crazy, and Earl murdered Kendrick, Ab-Soul, and Danny on Really Doe, Kendrick probably had the worst verse on that track.

Like I said, Kendrick the best mainstream rapper, but the underground is coming for him.

Vince is on track to being a top tier rapper but he hasn't broken through yet. B4DA$$ is nowhere near as good as TPAB and you're crazy if you think so. Danny Brown is far too polarizing to ever be considered the GOAT (He's great on features but I can't sit through a full LP of him) and Earl peaked at Doris.

6 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

B4DA$$ is nowhere near as good as TPAB and you're crazy if you think so

based on what? the grammy's or itunes album reviews? both are wrong is the point. i agree on danny brown being polarizing, cannot listen to his full albums either. but all i saw was people trying way too hard last year to turn TPAB  into some kind of social justice warrior race-relations inspired illmatic. it wasnt that

Edited by rogeoa8

8 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

So people are making the argument that others only say/think kendrick is the best rapper bc his superiority in album sales and popularity? Hm. If anything, his popularity and album sales reflect his ability. 

If I believed that, I'd think people actually wanted Donald or Hillary to be president. Of course, as I live in the real world, what the media tells me does not always = reality.

6 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

So people are making the argument that others only say/think kendrick is the best rapper bc his superiority in album sales and popularity? Hm. If anything, his popularity and album sales reflect his ability. 

The reason I wouldn't say that is because, well look who's got the number 1 songs, Drake dominates the charts, and he's nowhere near a top 5 rapper, plenty of trap artist top charts, and they're not even top 10. Album sales definitely don't reflect ability, and I wouldn't say they reflect Kendrick's ability, yes some of his popularity comes from his rapping abilities, but he's also got a track with Sia and Taylor Swift, his album sales aren't all from his rapping abilities.

And for the record I like trap and Drake, they were just the best examples.

22 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

B4DA$$ is nowhere near as good as TPAB and you're crazy if you think so. 

And you really need to stop saying shit like this, just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't mean were crazy, and you saying shit like "LOL if you think _____ is better than _____" is rude and annoying.

4 minutes ago, rooks said:

I think arguing about "the best rapper alive" is idiotic.

And I agree with you, I never said any of the artist I mentioned are the best, and I don't think anyone can prove who's the best, I'm just sick of people saying Kendrick is the best.

Anyways I'll let this be now, I just came to say what I had to say, back on topic, I am excited for new Kendrick and I hope it lives up to the hype.

8 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

So this drops tonight? Debating whether to stay up late and download it for work tomorrow 

April 14th

http://pitchfork.com/news/72479-kendrick-lamars-new-album-has-a-release-date/

http://pitchfork.com/news/72713-u2-badbadnotgood-credited-on-upcoming-kendrick-album/?mbid=social_facebook

Edited by lethalenforcer

• jhulud locked this topic