P.O. NOW: Slowdive S/T (05/05/17)

3 hours ago, openupyourskull said:

Finally saw them for the first time last night and I'm still buzzing. So, so, so damn good. In for the silver on this one.

Saw them a couple of years ago in Seattle and they were fantastic! It was on my wedding anniversary but my wife was super cool and let us go just as long as I bought dinner too lol. 

After reading your guys' thoughts as I play Sugar For the Pill for the first time, I had no idea what to expect throughout the song, but I really enjoyed it at first glance. It is EXACTLY what I expected from Slowdive, and has nice hints of Souvlaki. Confident that I will buy this, not stressed about variants for this one but I'm digging the album art and t-shirt

7 hours ago, januarytwenty said:

Can anyone order me a clear? I'd pay you + toss in some extra cash. 

I saw Secretly Society had this variant and have been tempted to sign up again. They allow you to pick up past releases now like VMP and I've wanted to grab that red Mitski record too. Anyone know how their subscription works and whether you can grab multiples of the ROTM the following month? If so, I might sign up and could grab a couple extra copies to send out to VC peeps at cost.

5 hours ago, cobannaboc said:

I saw Secretly Society had this variant and have been tempted to sign up again. They allow you to pick up past releases now like VMP and I've wanted to grab that red Mitski record too. Anyone know how their subscription works and whether you can grab multiples of the ROTM the following month? If so, I might sign up and could grab a couple extra copies to send out to VC peeps at cost.

I just re-upped for another 3 months from them.  Their picks have been on fire.  It looks like you aren't able to buy other copies of releases that you already received.  When I go to Jens Lekman from last month it only has the date I received it where the "Add to Cart" button should be.   But when I go to Preoccupations which I didn't get I can add it to my cart.  Also note that it's a little different from VMP because they don't ship with your monthly package and you pay shipping on them.  (I think they've stated this is something they are working on).  Also when I add multiple copies of a past release to the cart it changes back to 1 at checkout.  

Edited by YouTwo

4 hours ago, YouTwo said:

I just re-upped for another 3 months from them.  Their picks have been on fire.  It looks like you aren't able to buy other copies of releases that you already received.  When I go to Jens Lekman from last month it only has the date I received it where the "Add to Cart" button should be.   But when I go to Preoccupations which I didn't get I can add it to my cart.  Also note that it's a little different from VMP because they don't ship with your monthly package and you pay shipping on them.  (I think they've stated this is something they are working on).  Also when I add multiple copies of a past release to the cart it changes back to 1 at checkout.  

Good to know. I dropped my subscription prior to the Secretly store opening so didn't know how it worked. Looks like I'll be going in for another 3 month subscription at some point to pick up all the releases I missed and want.

5 hours ago, cobannaboc said:

Good to know. I dropped my subscription prior to the Secretly store opening so didn't know how it worked. Looks like I'll be going in for another 3 month subscription at some point to pick up all the releases I missed and want.

I was told they sometimes have leftover copies of some of the exclusives and will make them available to members. 

7 hours ago, YouTwo said:

This new album announcement has me going back and listening to Souvlaki on Spotify.  Has the production on this album always been bad?

i always thought Eno did a great job on Souvlaki. slash the muddy production is exactly where i want it, especially now that i can confirm that record is a great capture of their live sound. 

i assume it's not Spotify's stream quality to blame here?

16 hours ago, copelandkid said:

i always thought Eno did a great job on Souvlaki. slash the muddy production is exactly where i want it, especially now that i can confirm that record is a great capture of their live sound. 

i assume it's not Spotify's stream quality to blame here?

I don't now.  I have Spotify set to download "Extreme Quality" and everything usually sounds fine.  It just sounds very compressed and muddy.  So maybe that's just the sound they were going for.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...