PO: Dan Auerbach - Waiting On A Song

If the 8-track comes back in style, I'm done. That's the most gimmicky garbage ever.

EDIT: Oh, yo, I love that it only comes in a bundle in which you have to buy a "vintage" 8-track player, bumping the price up to a laughable $249.99.

Edited by TheWindBlower

I was not a big fan of Keep It Hid and this sounds nothing like that...but I'm still not a fan of this.

It's interesting...you take James Leg out of the Black Diamond Heavies and you still get amazing music.

You take Dan Auerbach out of The Black Keys...and you get this kind of stuff.

I really liked most of the The Black Keys albums.  I enjoyed Keep It Hid for the most part.  The Arcs were awesome... this... this single I'm unsure about.  I don't think it's "bad", but it doesn't compel me to pre-order this album.  I'll definitely keep an eye out for another single if that happens and I'll decide then.

On 3/30/2017 at 9:10 AM, TheWindBlower said:

If the 8-track comes back in style, I'm done. That's the most gimmicky garbage ever.

EDIT: Oh, yo, I love that it only comes in a bundle in which you have to buy a "vintage" 8-track player, bumping the price up to a laughable $249.99.

On 4/1/2017 at 7:47 AM, jackholexxxx said:

8-track - SOLD OUT. Glad I got my order in earlier ;)

For the record I'm with TheWindBlower but let's see how this plays out...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I just received my "signed" yellow/black vinyl bundle. The variant came out quite nice. The seat cushion is actually pretty nice as well, and I needed one anyways for niece's track meets. That being said, my vinyl, jacket, sleeve, poster is *NOT* signed. I emailed Easy Eye Sound right away, but did anyone else order this package so I know where it should be signed? 

Well it looks like quite a few people received their bundle copies unsigned, that is if Dan signed any at all?? 

Easy Eye Sound responded with  

It’s signed on the fold out poster that’s included in the package along with the insert.

Which is a fine generic explanation, except this cheap fold-out poster is NOT signed. The description also states:  Waiting On A Song yellow/black vinyl (signed)

Nobody would order this for a generic fold-out poster signed *that's not frameable whatsoever), fans and collectors actually want the album cover signed, or at least what was promised in the pre-order. A total bait and switch from Easy Eye Sound and bullshit bundle for $80. Somewhere Third Man Records is laughing their asses off. 

3 hours ago, watchtower41 said:

Well it looks like quite a few people received their bundle copies unsigned, that is if Dan signed any at all?? 

Easy Eye Sound responded with  

It’s signed on the fold out poster that’s included in the package along with the insert.

Which is a fine generic explanation, except this cheap fold-out poster is NOT signed. The description also states:  Waiting On A Song yellow/black vinyl (signed)

Nobody would order this for a generic fold-out poster signed *that's not frameable whatsoever), fans and collectors actually want the album cover signed, or at least what was promised in the pre-order. A total bait and switch from Easy Eye Sound and bullshit bundle for $80. Somewhere Third Man Records is laughing their asses off. 

Mine wasn't signed either.