PO NOW: Queens of the Stone Age - Villains (8/25)

47 minutes ago, gpa21 said:

Made the trek from Toronto to the show in Niagara last night.  One of the best shows i've seen in a while, small club, amazing sound, however that city is awful.

The new songs played well, the Evil Had Landed is a terrific new song.  Can't wait for the album to drop now!

Man I'm jealous. I was thinking of doing that trek as well but couldn't get a ticket. I agree that venue is awesome but the area around it is pretty depressing.
Managed to get floors for the Toronto show, so at least I have that to look forward to.

13 minutes ago, Phineaspoe2000 said:

Anybody know why they cancelled the Ventura show? I'm not a fan of California but it sucks for those fans. Hearing rumors online that it was due to excessive scalping.

No clue.  But I'm wondering if the only LA stop they will be doing on the tour is the Foo Fighters festival.  Gotta decide if I wanna grab tix to that.

9 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I wish I could listen to that right now and hopefully get some confidence inspired for this release. Looks like they had a 2" tape reel going which is awesome and it looks like John was kicking the shit out of the kit for a bit there. That makes me feel better.

Love the preview.  Looking forward to it.

But...and I'm getting drum nerd on this, but am I the only one that misses the Joey Castillio snare sound?  Hell...Grohl for that matter.  It's just a little too snappy these days.  Needs some 'ummph'.  Thought the same on Clockwork.

carry on..

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, sVegas22x said:

Seeing them in early September.  It'd be dope if you could let us know what kind of merch they have at the show.  I already know I'm gonna spend more than I should haha.

Awesome show last night! Cool to see the first one of the tour and they were pumped up. 

Setlist:
My God Is the Sun
Monsters in the Parasol
Feel Good Hit of the Summer
No One Knows
Smooth Sailing
Burn the Witch
Misfit Love
The Way You Used to Do
If I Had a Tail
The Vampyre of Time and Memory
Make It Wit Chu
You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, but I Feel Like a Millionaire
First It Giveth
Sick, Sick, Sick
Little Sister
The Evil Has Landed
I Sat by the Ocean
Go With the Flow
A Song for the Dead (Encore)

I had hoped they would play I Appear Missing, but I also wasn't expecting it. 

As for merch, they have a ton of t shirts (sorry I didn't get a chance to take a picture, the merch table was nuts). They also had a couple of different poster designs, some patches and badges and that was about it. No vinyl. 

Edited by andynz

7 hours ago, clerk3745 said:

Why did I not see the Cleveland show on the tour list? Did it get added later or did I just miss it from the beginning? Its sold out now and looks like I'm up shit creek.

It was there from the beginning. I'm hoping second hand tickets drop, then i would consider it.

On 7/13/2017 at 7:21 PM, Tawney Bomb said:

It was there from the beginning. I'm hoping second hand tickets drop, then i would consider it.

They probably will. That said, it's an 1800 seat venue on a tour where they are mostly playing in the 5K capacity range. I'm coming up from Columbus to catch that one as well since our venue, while cool, is outdoors and 5500 capacity. Agora show should be fun. 

3 hours ago, negavinyl said:

They probably will. That said, it's an 1800 seat venue on a tour where they are mostly playing in the 5K capacity range. I'm coming up from Columbus to catch that one as well since our venue, while cool, is outdoors and 5500 capacity. Agora show should be fun. 

I saw them at the LC on the Like Clockwork tour, I'm not against coming down for that one if I have to but I'd have to drive home after for work the next day and I kinda just dont wanna do that.