PO NOW: Queens of the Stone Age - Villains (8/25)

For those that missed the initial Indie Exclusive orders, Luna Music is still showing stock:

http://shop.lunamusic.net/QUEENS-OF-THE-STONE-AGE-Villians-p/queenvillains.htm

I put in an order so we'll see what happens.

Still on the fence about the deluxe. I could see the price dropping after the release date but also think the packaging looks top notch and don't want to miss out on it.

• 2 weeks later...

23 minutes ago, hyperg1ant said:

I've got this record in full, if someone wants it, PM me. It's fuckin' awesome.

That's great to hear on both accounts.  Is it floating around or did you get your hands on a lowkey copy?  I'll be on the road a good bit this upcoming weekend and would love to have it then.  I'll have to snoop around for it later this evening.

1 minute ago, hyperg1ant said:

Looks like some dickhead i've sent the record, leaked it everywhere. It's exactly the same copy, ugh

So shitty if true.  I knew it leaked but reviews made it sound like the copy was pretty bad.

I saw several screenshots in the last 24 hours of reviewer streams - you positive it couldn't have come from a different source?

I just hope that shit didn't roll back uphill to Hyper's source, and cost someone their publication job.  Depending on the label and how things are watermarked, he could take all the heat from someone who got careless here at VC.  I wouldn't say it's entirely expected – many moons ago, a download link was accidentally made available to everyone who pre-ordered Prawn's Kingfisher with swiftness.  The link got pulled within the hour, but there were probably 7-10 of us who grabbed the album months before its release date.  Topshelf logged into VC and genuinely asked that all of us keep it on lockdown and avoid leaking it, and somehow we all went months keeping it under lock and key.  Seth was so grateful he made an additional coupon code for the board, if I recall.  So it can happen.  There's just definitely different variables when you're talking about a select group who've paid for the album they're protecting, and a group who just want it because someone is offering.

Edited by Derek™

6 minutes ago, kjkenney said:

So you're mad that the people you leaked this to have leaked it? Isn't that...your own fault for being the initial source?

He did a favor for people that he had absolutely no obligation to do, with the singular request of not tossing the leak out there for everyone else.  And someone failed to meet that simple request.  It is in fact shitty.

14 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

He did a favor for people that he had absolutely no obligation to do, with the singular request of not tossing the leak out there for everyone else.  And someone failed to meet that simple request.  It is in fact shitty.

Oh i agree. I'm just saying it's shitty from square one. Pot calling the kettle black and all that. Im sure the band would be thrilled to hear he at least asked to not leak the leak. Whatever, I have no cards in this, just saying its kind of rich is all. Flame on.

55 minutes ago, kjkenney said:

Oh i agree. I'm just saying it's shitty from square one. Pot calling the kettle black and all that. Im sure the band would be thrilled to hear he at least asked to not leak the leak. Whatever, I have no cards in this, just saying its kind of rich is all. Flame on.

Yeah, I don't disagree.  And I see the irony of what you're saying.  The sense of entitlement with leaks is kind of astounding – i.e. "Just fucking leak it dude, I want to hear it and it's only 2 weeks out" – but it's a classic case of the cliché "this is why we can't have nice things".  It can be really enjoyable to discuss albums you're passionate about, well in advance, with others who are part of a very select pool of listeners... so I get the appeal, even if it's hardly necessary.

2 hours ago, hyperg1ant said:

If you have something that everybody wants to hear, and considering that almost members on this thread have already preordered the record (like me), why not share it with them?

Isn't that probably the exact same thought the person who got it from you thought....