FT: Scott McMicken - In Your Dreams ISO: Scott McMicken - IT

fartnokor

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 year later...

I missed out on IT when it was originally released. Over the next half year or so, I very politely and briefly messaged everyone on Discogs who publicly had it listed in their collection and I messaged every seller who wanted $200 for it. I got a lot of surprisingly nice messages back from fellow Dr. Dog fans wishing me luck which was really nice and, eventually, I found a seller who sold it to me for $70, half of his asking price. So, keep trying as you have been! Also, this is such a roundabout way of acquiring one, but take a look at the rest of PIAPTK's catalogue. If you're not already a frequent customer, becoming one has perks like access to occasional test pressings and vault items. I'm fairly certain the label owner sold some copies of an IT test press and he was asking people to provide proof of their Dr. Dog love as part of the buying process. Good luck!

Edited by swb

Thanks for the word of encouragement! I'm a big fan of what PIAPTK does but am not always buying things. However, I buy every damn thing he does with Floating Action. I wouldn't even know about Floating Action if it wasn't for me missing out on "It". That guy just churns out music and it's always in my wheelhouse of enjoyability. Then, you add on the customized hand painted covers and everything else that goes on and it really puts the overall experience over the top versus your run of the mill standard cardboard cover/black vinyl. The recent Blank Tapes album was stellar as well. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...