Jump to content
RockPuppetz

Lofi HipHop / Beat Tapes on vinyl thread!

Recommended Posts

Hey here is a General thread for beat tapes on vinyl and lofi hip hop stuff! Here are somet things currently on vinyl:

https://www.vinyl-digital.com/en/EXCLUSIVES-vinyl/Unexpected.html

a0275924560_10.jpg

 

https://inneroceanrecords.bandcamp.com/album/bsd-u-pook

a2848150526_10.jpg

 

 

 

And here are some artists you should check out: Tomppabeats, Flamingosis, all off of Inner City Ocean records.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is way too silent... Vinyl-Digital is releasing Freeform Jazz by Uyama Hiroto in May, limited to 500 copies!

 

If you're a fan of Nujabes, the Samurai Champloo OST, J. Dilla and similar stuff then you need to check him out and get the record while it's available.

 

a2356861011_10_z1.jpg

 

Listen to the record here: https://rophrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/freeform-jazz

Buy it here: https://www.vinyl-digital.com/en/Hip-Hop-Rap/Freeform-Jazz.html

 

It's available to buy from Vinyl-Digital as well as from Roph Recordings (the Bandcamp link, Hiroto's original japanese label).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vinyl-Digital uploaded a handful of RSD titles, but they are more standard beat tape style stuff and less lo-fi:
mtbrd - Smoovies (RSD 2017) /300

Adlib Swayze - The Britney Beers Experience /300

Adlib Swayze - Drunken Bamboo /300
V/A - Dope on Plastic 3 /300

Duan Wasi - Lostbeats Instrumentals /500 (possibly leftovers from 2016?)
 

dear god please don't let that freeform jazzz LP sell out before I can get it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RockPuppetz said:

I think it actually goes pretty well with the theme of the record. The canvas bag looks like something vintage from china. but thats just me :P

Yeah I thought this - I missed this first time as it was pricey (and picked up the Volume 3 instead).

 

Now I've got to umm and arr all over again! Tempted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dollarsandcents said:

Yeah I thought this - I missed this first time as it was pricey (and picked up the Volume 3 instead).

 

Now I've got to umm and arr all over again! Tempted.

I missed out on that first run too! and I had it in my cart and everything, was kicking myself so hard that I bought this the second the reissue went up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RockPuppetz said:

I missed out on that first run too! and I had it in my cart and everything, was kicking myself so hard that I bought this the second the reissue went up.

UPDATE: I've pulled the trigger - didn't take me long!

 

Justified by the fact I can sell the volume 3 I have now. A great set of beats and a nice piece to have! Thanks for the heads up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2017 at 2:31 PM, yarostino said:

This thread is way too silent... Vinyl-Digital is releasing Freeform Jazz by Uyama Hiroto in May, limited to 500 copies!

 

If you're a fan of Nujabes, the Samurai Champloo OST, J. Dilla and similar stuff then you need to check him out and get the record while it's available.

 

a2356861011_10_z1.jpg

 

Listen to the record here: https://rophrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/freeform-jazz

Buy it here: https://www.vinyl-digital.com/en/Hip-Hop-Rap/Freeform-Jazz.html

 

It's available to buy from Vinyl-Digital as well as from Roph Recordings (the Bandcamp link, Hiroto's original japanese label).

 

Is there a difference between the bandcamp vs vinyl-digital versions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone into the Chillhop Essentials seasonal album series?  I just recently, within the last month or so, discovered these collections and not only are they fantastic compilations, they're also a great source for me to discover new lofi/triphop artists.  I put in a PO for the Spring 2018 vinyl.  Been looking at getting back catalog vinyl but have only been able to secure Fall 2017 so far.  Anything before that is pretty high up there in market value and I'm just not in a position to unload a bunch of money on it.

Edited by thesecrets0308
mispoke, meant to say Spring 2018 not Summer 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's go with a little advertising then! Amazing German producer/beatmaker Hulk Hodn released a new record about a month ago:

 

Hulk Hodn - Lost Ish

Listen: https://4trackboyundechomann.bandcamp.com/album/hulk-hodn-lost-ish

Buy: http://grooveattackrs.bigcartel.com/product/hulk-hodn-lost-ish-lp-goddess or https://www.hhv.de/shop/de/artikel/hulk-hodn-lost-ish-582219 (already sold out on bandcamp and vinyl-digital)

 

Limited to 1000 handnumbered copies - very, very recommended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blockhead is my fave.  He's the reason I got into this genre.  Instrumental hip-hop is probably my favorite music to listen to while I'm working (i have a desk job).

1 hour ago, yarostino said:

Let's go with a little advertising then! Amazing German producer/beatmaker Hulk Hodn released a new record about a month ago:

 

Hulk Hodn - Lost Ish

Listen: https://4trackboyundechomann.bandcamp.com/album/hulk-hodn-lost-ish

Buy: http://grooveattackrs.bigcartel.com/product/hulk-hodn-lost-ish-lp-goddess or https://www.hhv.de/shop/de/artikel/hulk-hodn-lost-ish-582219 (already sold out on bandcamp and vinyl-digital)

 

Limited to 1000 handnumbered copies - very, very recommended. 

I'll check it out later tonight.  Thanks for the recommend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, thesecrets0308 said:

Anyone into the Chillhop Essentials seasonal album series?  I just recently, within the last month or so, discovered these collections and not only are they fantastic compilations, they're also a great source for me to discover new lofi/triphop artists.  I put in a PO for the Summer 2018 vinyl.  Been looking at getting back catalog vinyl but have only been able to secure Fall 2017 so far.  Anything before that is pretty high up there in market value and I'm just not in a position to unload a bunch of money on it.

Love the Chillhop Series.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×