New Records....Scratched to Shit

I bought a copy of Kings of Leon WALLS that had some serious pressing errors. Scuffs and major warp. Not sure how it ever made it though QC because it was so visually flawed and of course unlistenable. I can not for the life of me find a way to contact anybody about getting a replacement.

8 hours ago, paynegretzky said:

I have new records with scuffs that play perfectly and records that look perfect that jump a beat. Kinda sucks but I just deal with it. I've noticed my Built to Spill records Keep it like a secret and the Live LP are all hazy and scuffy but play perfectly. They are Warner Brothers releases.

Oh, this explains why the 2 copies of the Westworld Soundtrack, that just came out, I had were awful.
This might be a Warner Bros. issue then, Water Tower Music to be exact.

I returned one as defective and they're testing and sending me out a new copy to replace the second one I had picked up. 
Someone else mentioned something about the pressing quality on reddit.

To be honest though, I have about 70 to 80 records (been collecting since December) and this is the only one I've gotten with this issue. My Survive HD015 has static noises but nothing bad, aside from that I haven't had any issues with albums that are straight out of the shrink wrapper.

Shit happens but not as aften as the OP thinks.

Edited by JorgeRodriguez689

29 minutes ago, Hairy Potter said:

I bought a copy of Kings of Leon WALLS that had some serious pressing errors. Scuffs and major warp. Not sure how it ever made it though QC because it was so visually flawed and of course unlistenable. I can not for the life of me find a way to contact anybody about getting a replacement.

Go on discogs and look for the album.
It should have everyone involved in the credits.

Have you tried that?

1 minute ago, JorgeRodriguez689 said:

https://www.discogs.com/Kings-Of-Leon-WALLS/release/9224282

It looks like it was distributed by Sony Music, try reaching out to them!

yeah, I can't find a US phone number anywhere. It says they are based on for NYC but all the contact info on their website has international numbers.

On 4/16/2017 at 2:55 PM, monk0nuggets said:

Am I alone in finding that 90% of the new records I buy these days are already scratched (or worse) upon opening them for the first time? What's the deal? In the past couple weeks I've opened some that were really bad. Anyone else having this experience?

90% no, nowhere close there for me.  Occasionally I'll notice a scuff, but extremely rarely a scratch on a brand new record.

8 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Take it to social media, send Sony a message via FB or something.

Very good idea, my brother always goes to twitter and gets a response.
My dad had Fedex or UPS deliver a package to his house and his cameras caught the driver throw the package.

My brother posted the video on twitter and got a response immediately.

Same when an uber driver ran over my sister in laws foot, lol. (The driver actually sped off and was issued a citation since his information is on the uber app, ahahahahahah)

Try that Hairy, lol.

• 3 months later...

I've bought a handful sounds like a stroke of bad luck it actually happened to both of the LPs in my NMH boxset, in the aeroplane plays fine but there is excessive noise on avery island and no cleaning is going to get it out it's obviously from the scuffing just by looking at it. I traded someone for a sealed copy didn't even bring it up because how could it be their fault if it's securely in the box and never been opened? Still love having it but can't exactly request a replacement LP, could just buy a stand alone copy if it really gets to me eventually

• 3 weeks later...

I've gone to shows and bought records from march booths. These are scratched sometimes, but with the way they're probably handled, being constantly put up, taken down and moved across state lines, I sort of expect it. They'll have scuffs, but they rarely affect playback. As far as records from stores or sealed records online, I can't recall many problems that I've had. Only one actually; and it was a picture disc, so I can't even see the scratches, but the disc skips during every song on both sides. Bummer.