Receiver Help...

Hello all!

I have finally got around to upgrading my setup, and the only thing I am in need of switching out would be my receiver. I'm currently using some bogus 5-disc CD player i got way back in the day (https://www.amazon.com/sharp-cd-es600-5-disc-system-silver/dp/b0001oh8yq). Embarrassing, I know. Looking for something a lot better that is also affordable, around the $200 or so range.

My current setup is as follows:

Pro-ject Debut III (w/ Super Ortofon 20 stylus)

Polk T-50 speakers

Pro-Ject Phono Box II pre-amp

After searching on Amazon, would i be able to get away with something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX8020-TX-8020-Stereo-Receiver/dp/B00EE18O7W/ref=pd_sim_23_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00EE18O7W&pd_rd_r=HFBRZEXQ3D0ZNQ47NG8H&pd_rd_w=h7S9r&pd_rd_wg=S0xGf&psc=1&refRID=HFBRZEXQ3D0ZNQ47NG8H

Thanks in advance!

If you are using this for audio only rather than audio visual (i.e using it for watching films etc with 5 or 7 speakers and a sub woofer etc) my advice would be try something else for audio work and if possible a normal 2 channel stereo integrated amplifier rather than a multi channel AV receiver.

My own opinion on Onkyo amplification is pretty low and that there are much better options for the money even as an AV receiver let alone a Stereo amplifier, as I say that's my opinion and you don't have to agree.

Most importantly with any hifi component if you can find somewhere to listen to as much of this stuff as possible before you hand over your money you can go with what your own ears tell you, that way other peoples taste and opinions are completely irrelevant

On the CD player look at used, CD players in general have fallen through the floor price wise so there some real bargains out there.