The Juliana Theory - Emotion is Dead (PO-ish)

Yep, saw that coming based on their outlandish VIP ticket prices. I don't think I paid $45 shipped for an original press on the resale market. Kudos to them if they can pull this shit and sell out of both variants, but I seriously can't imagine enough people give a shit about them/this album to fork over the cash.

1 hour ago, Moglog said:

Like I'm sure many people here my age, I dug this album as a teenager but would probably cringe a bit listening today. Am I underestimating how many people still give a shit about them? They're playing a 1000 capacity room in Boston. 

Boston is obviously a bigger city than Cincinatti but back in their heyday touring with Further Seems Forever (pt 2) they didn't even sell out the hole in the wall bar I saw them at.  Probably a 500 cap room, if that.

3 hours ago, Moglog said:

Like I'm sure many people here my age, I dug this album as a teenager but would probably cringe a bit listening today. Am I underestimating how many people still give a shit about them? They're playing a 1000 capacity room in Boston. 

I was listening to this album not even two months ago and thought about how much garbage there was on it. There are mostly jams, to be sure... but a lot of that album I spent waiting for songs like "We're At The Top Of The World" to finish. I'd have bought this album because there really are some great songs on it, and they do overpower the duds, but it's just not worth $35 to me.

However, we do live in a world that is salivating over $30 variants of Gin Blossoms records so this really shouldn't be all that surprising.

Edited by jonnywreck
bad form

On 5/1/2017 at 4:53 PM, jrodan said:

Brett Detar has always been a toolbag.

I don't know him personally, but I think he's cooled out on being a rock star as he's aged. Every time I've interacted with him as a fan, he was extremely gracious and cool.

Also, this is a stupid fact, but the original album artwork was a picture of a model taken in my hometown of Melbourne, FL.

Edited by somethingvinyl

• 1 month later...